Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone here has done any remapping on their own cars. I've bought myself a KWP2000 ECU flasher and with that I've got the OBD2 socket cable.
The problem that I have is that my Vectra which is a 2002 (B) 2.0DTI appears to only have an OBD1 socket located under a panel just behind the gear lever.
My questions are....
The car should have an OBD2 socket on it shouldnt it?
Does anyone know of an adapter for this socket so I can plug my OBD2 lead into it or have any idea about wiring it? OR where I can get the right cable!
Am I barking up the wrong tree with this socket behind the gear lever - is there another one somewhere else?
This seems to be a bit of a black art unless you want to pay a fortune for someoene to come and do everything for you.

All info and ideas greatfully received!

G.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I'm a fool! I tried the lead that came with the equipment that I bought and although it looks totally different, it does infact fit the socket behind the gear lever.
Still, I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who's done this type of thing on any car really as everyone has different experiences.
I might even do a little writeup to put here if anyones interested......

G.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.