Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a few issues with my van at the moment (1.9 diesel 2005 Vivaro) so a friend of mine has lent me Renault CLiP to diagnose with.

When starting the program on the laptop, it's asking me for a few things, this is where the problems start.

Vehicle Make: Renault (has to be)
Vehicle VIN: Auto-detects and does match to the VIN on the van
Vehicle Type: Trafic II (I believe the Vivaro 1 is the Trafic II)
After Sales Type: Absolutely no idea? You get an option of presets to click and it'll auto fill in the rest of the data.
Engine Type: I have read that it's the F9Q - There are a few 'After Sales Type' that'll show this engine option.
Gearbox Type: Again, no idea?

I spoke to Vauxhall direct and they didn't know what 'After-Sales Type' was. He managed to give me a code it could've been but none matched the options on CLiP, probably due to it not actually being a Renault directly so the codes will all be different and CLiP is obviously only giving me the Renault codes.

Any ideas how I can find all this information or get CLiP to connect?

Thanks,

Lee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

put ya vin in here.
ya might get some of that info of there, on the first page before ya go to parts list.
Hi mate, appreciate that.

It looks like it may have some of the information I need, however, because CLiP only has a 'Renault' option, it wouldn't be the same code would it? Ie; Vauxhall's 'LD5G' could be a completely different code for Renault/CLiP?

Not sure if that makes any sense!

·
Super Moderator
12,092 Posts
hang on its a vauxhall, yes, not a reno ?

why not try a vauxhall diagnostics on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hang on its a vauxhall, yes, not a reno ?

why not try a vauxhall diagnostics on it.
Yes, it's the Vivaro.
I only have access to Renaults CLiP at the moment through a friend and I've read plenty that it should work as the Vivaro is just a Trafic II with different badges.. I just can't seem to work out how to get it connected with the conflict of data etc.
I know CLiP has it's pros and cons, people that swear by it and people that hate it, but after using it previously on my old RS 182 and later on with my RS 197, it's possibly one of the strongest 'diagnostic tools' I've used so imagine it would do a brilliant job if I managed to get it connected :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
first i have heard of it, till you mentioned it :ROFLMAO:

ya might get a better result with opcom.
Learn something new every day.. now I've taught you about CLiP, perhaps you could study it and teach me how to connect it to a Vauxhall? :LOL::LOL:

·
11,949 Posts
Stick it on a decent OpCom or Vauxcom unit.

·
3,038 Posts
With renault clip you will be limited in what you can read, vin deconding can give you the aftersale code, but will not match the renault ones...

I have similar issues with the op-com on a renault but provides me enough info by selecting manual the engine code as it cannot decode it from vin( doh is a Renault vin)

You will be able only to read codes and see some live data( not all) but thats it at best with clip on a Vauxhall the same the other way around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For future reference, if anyone was ever stuck like I was (and couldn’t find any info) then the Service-Type for CLiP on a 1.9 diesel Vivaro 1 is FL0C (select it as a Trafic 2).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts