Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight problem:

I accidentally knocked the lock button, on the drivers side front door, half way down when i was getting out the other day. This resulted in the door just 'bouncing' when i tried to close it. Quite disconcerting to see the door bounce open, haha.
After a few failed attempts to close it after resetting the lock, I pulled the external door handle and to my dismay there was a bit of a clunk and the handle basically detached itself from the opening mechanism...:shame:
The lock and mechanism both seem fine. I can still open the door and lock, I just can’t use the handle to get in... So I either; lean over from the passenger side, open the door, then walk around and get in... Or I just get in the passenger side and clamber over. Not very dignified :rolleyes:

I've found a guide written by 'prussell' on how to detach a door panel and will be trying it later. I'm hoping a latch or something has popped out of place and it will be a quick fix.

Has this happened to any one else??

BTW, this is on my P Reg Omega Elite.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Hi and welcome if you haven't been already.

There are 3 push rods within the door, one of them has came off that attaches to the main lock mechanism and probably the bottom of the central locking motor too.

Expect to loose a bit of skin as its like the hand in the cookie jar within the door panel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts