Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
15,300 Posts
Well it looks abit better than when it was last on autotrader!
2 of other owners would be me, and 2 would be Jay I think.
Its one hell of alot of car for the price, and as it says, everything had been sorted just before I sold it, and it drove perfectly.
If I was in the market for one I would happily have it back again if it was as I sold it (ie, it is a good car!)

·
Premium Member
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it looks abit better than when it was last on autotrader!
2 of other owners would be me, and 2 would be Jay I think.
Its one hell of alot of car for the price, and as it says, everything had been sorted just before I sold it, and it drove perfectly.
If I was in the market for one I would happily have it back again if it was as I sold it (ie, it is a good car!)
How many owners has it had since you sold it?

I think the starting price bid is set a bit too high personally - it can't be worth more than £2.5k.

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
I think the starting price bid is set a bit too high personally - it can't be worth more than £2.5k.

If the plate is worth what he says and someone wants it then it's not .

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I want to know where he can get a GSi alloy centre cap for £3 - I'd have one too at that price! Vauxhall want over a tenner for one, and a set of 4 is almost £30 on eBay.
I've got one you can have for a fiver... assuming I can find it, think it's on my spare.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Shame my ebay account is down or l'd probably be bidding

·
15,300 Posts
He said he is open to offers, so contact him outside of ebay!
I sent an question to him out of interest to see why he is selling it so soon, and got this reply:

just selling it as we dont need it, moving house so we will be closer to work and one car will do,. a great car and i dont really want to sell it

·
I dont fear the Reaper, Reaper fears me
6,869 Posts
nd yet , I personally would be extremely put off by a car that age, tha has that any owners in a short space of time .

·
15,300 Posts
What exactly is the amount of owners?
Its a number on a piece of paper isnt it?
To me, the actual condition of the car is the most and only important thing when buying a car

·
Premium Member
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What exactly is the amount of owners?
Its a number on a piece of paper isnt it?
To me, the actual condition of the car is the most and only important thing when buying a car
I think the trouble is that lots of owners in a fairly short space of time can be a sign of a troublesome car - many people will simply sell a car on if it's causing problems, rather than fix it.... especially if the faults are intermittent and / or hard to diagnose. Take mine as an example - it's a very solid Vectra GSi and in really good condition. BUT it's had 6 owners, and (coincidentally?) has 2 intermittent faults..... one of which I know goes back quite a few years, yet still hasn't been diagnosed and sorted.

·
22,199 Posts
I think the trouble is that lots of owners in a fairly short space of time can be a sign of a troublesome car - many people will simply sell a car on if it's causing problems, rather than fix it.... especially if the faults are intermittent and / or hard to diagnose.
Well said that man.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts