Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to admit that there are very few rattles in my car apart from the feckin door pins! :shame:

Jeasus - they make some noise! They are fine in the locked position but in the open position... :shake

Is there anyway to tighten these up?

·
Meep-Meep
2,224 Posts
prise the reg tag out with a small screwdriver, take the pin off, put some silicone sealat on the rod / in the door pin.
Assmble, wipe away excess.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Yes, thats what he means;) Its a good tip.

·
15,300 Posts
If that doesnt work, take off the plastic bit and bend the rod slightly so when the plastic is back on it will push hard against the side of the hole

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
I have the same problem, but I don't think the pin is buzzing because it's not sitting firmly on the rod thingy, but because it's hitting the doorcard :think

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
scharatz said:
I have the same problem, but I don't think the pin is buzzing because it's not sitting firmly on the rod thingy, but because it's hitting the doorcard :think
Take a close look at a door pin, you will see its loosly constructed from 3 plastic mouldings which all just clip together to form the pin/inner thread. Its this combination of construction which results in the vibrating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts