Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cat pipe I was looking to get is no longer made.

Direct replacement for the standard catalytic converter on all normally aspirated (non turbo) 4x4 Calibra and Cavalier models including GSi. The cat replacer has a 12 month guarantee and is manufactured from mild steel.

I don't want to buy an entire system for the car at present as that'll be too expensive. Anyone know where to get a cat pipe for one of these or shall I just cut the thing out and weld a pipe in?

·
Yawn.
13,805 Posts
i decatted my ecotec by cutting the box out and welding in pipe.
It does exactly the same as a bought one doesnt it.
works out even cheaper if you can do it yourself!
and as long as the welding isnt dog rough, then it should last just as well.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
what you after a straight through one or one with silencer in it?

ive got a mild steel janspeed one with a silencer where the cat should be as it was too loud without a box tbh.....

i cant remember where i had it from but i can go and have a look in my reciepts if you want (it will depress the fook out of me though)lol

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Check out eBay Dougie, spotted a couple of de-cat pipes recently on there.

@ Tidzy - Is that the one you had off me.? If so, thought it were stainless steel that?

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
C3MKY said:
Check out eBay Dougie, spotted a couple of de-cat pipes recently on there.

@ Tidzy - Is that the one you had off me.? If so, thought it were stainless steel that?
no micky i used mils steel de-cat witha mild steel centre section and the stainless back box..

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tidzy said:
what you after a straight through one or one with silencer in it?

ive got a mild steel janspeed one with a silencer where the cat should be as it was too loud without a box tbh.....

i cant remember where i had it from but i can go and have a look in my reciepts if you want (it will depress the fook out of me though)lol
Yeah go for it, please.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's 2wd mate, the 4x4 is completely different. I have a complete stainless Magnex for a 2wd which I'm going to flog as it's no use to me.

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
I also dont recommend putting a straight decat pipe in as it sounds worse than poo. I did this and removed it after 30 minuites. Fit one with a silencer.

Dan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts