Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The speedometer, petrol gauge and lights on my dash suddenly stopped working. I checked the cluster fuse in the fuse box under the steering wheel but it's not blown. Was I right to think that the problem.was with the cluster fuse or would it be a different one. Also what else could it be? Thanks

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I'm not an expert, never even seen this car in bits, but on the Corsa, the problem use to be the dash plugged into a socket, behind display (behind cluster). If you pressed on the plastic that protects the instruments this was sometimes enough to push it back in.

Usually manufacturers use the same or similar parts on different cars, I would guess it could be that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not an expert, never even seen this car in bits, but on the Corsa, the problem use to be the dash plugged into a socket, behind display (behind cluster). If you pressed on the plastic that protects the instruments this was sometimes enough to push it back in.

Usually manufacturers use the same or similar parts on different cars, I would guess it could be that.
Thanks I will try this. Also been advised to reset the trip counter but that didn't work. Also after a bit of research seems that sometimes the onboard computer goes a bit haywire so unhook the car battery wait 5 min and reconnect to reset the computer. I'll let you know how I get on ☺

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. I wish that was the worst of the problems. The bottom end has gone and I need a whole new engine. How can an 8 year old diesel engine with 90k on the clock fail? Nevermind, the dash is working now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the response. I wish that was the worst of the problems. The bottom end has gone and I need a whole new engine. How can an 8 year old diesel engine with 90k on the clock fail? Nevermind, the dash is working now.
What was the fix. Mine has stopped working this morning. Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts