Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
Apologies as I have read a couple of threads similar to this - but just want expert's opinions...

I have a Zafira B (2011) 1.6 Petrol. Yesterday the 'yellow car with a spanner' light came on as I was driving (a few seconds after I had pulled away). It stayed on (not flashing) for about 5 minutes then went off. It hasn't come on since (I've done about 20 miles). I know this is some kind of engine/electrical/transmission light.

Should I simply 'keep an eye' on it and if it appears more regularly then get it checked out, or should I get it checked out asap? I am with the RAC but dont want to call them out unecessarily as, in theory, the car hasn't broken down.

The car had an oil and filter change about 2 months ago together with a new cam belt and spark plugs. It's done 92,000 miles.

Appreciate any feedback!

·
Super Moderator
14,503 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

I have just done that test, and the Engine Management Light came back with 0134 - so I guess thats: (P0134 O2 Sensor Circuit Open (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-30)... whatever that means? Bear in mind I know the basics of the car (oil, water levels etc) but thats about my knowledge! Anything slightly technical will go over my head.

Incidentally, the light that flashed for the code was the EML, not the spanner/car light that came on yesterday - is that right?

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Had the same issue with the light coming on and off a op-com scan shown that it was the stat on the engine dropped the coolant and replaced the put reblet the system works a treat now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts