Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all , my wifes tigra , not had it long , had an intermittent spanner light come on , recently it started to run rough , kangarooing down the road , i have put on new plugs and a coil pack . When starting for the 1st time we now have the engine management light on and the car runs rough on idle , although the spanner light now seems to have disappeared , I have tried disconecting the maf sensor , which kind of makes it idle better but obviously the light is still on the dash , my question is where do I go from here ? and is it safe to drive with the sensor disconected ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure where you should go next, but definitely recommend buying an Op-Com diagnostic machine. Cheap and tells you loads....
Get a proper one as I believe some are Chinese rip offs........Cant remember where i got mine but was recommended by this site..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure where you should go next, but definitely recommend buying an Op-Com diagnostic machine. Cheap and tells you loads....
Get a proper one as I believe some are Chinese rip offs........Cant remember where i got mine but was recommended by this site..
thanks , definately gonna get it diagnosed , just hoping to sort it quick and on the cheap :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, Not sure if you fixed this, but I had the same issue and the error code was telling me that there was a problem with the throttle body/sensor. I cleaned the throttle body, air filter checked, everything. It wasn't any of these things. One of the pipes leading to the throttle body had failed and split in a well hidden place underneath at the join! A previous owner must have damaged it during a throttle body clean, or something, but I patched up the split, cleared the ECU fault codes with an ODB2 reader and it sorted it out! no more kangaroo juice and the fault light has not come on since! Plus the car seems to idle much better and accelerate properly now too! :) This is what and where it had failed:..
upload_2018-6-19_17-8-46.png

Not saying it IS this, but I would check it all, as this caused me agro for ages! and was well hidden.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts