Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have an issue with my 60 plate insignia 2.0cdti Sri. Recently the dash has stopped working and goes in limp mode. The lights come on but Speedo doesn't work warning lights stay on , handbrake doesn't work . Petrol, temp gauge and rev gauge all is ok.
It says it needs a service when I start car but this was done 4 weeks ago.

Could anyone help with this please.

·
Super Moderator
26,966 Posts
The engine management system has detected a fault & to protect the engine has cut the power down until the fault has been rectified. So you'll need to get her plugged into a compatible GM code reader see what DTC has been logged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine management system has detected a fault & to protect the engine has cut the power down until the fault has been rectified. So you'll need to get her plugged into a compatible GM code reader see what DTC has been logged.
Would this stop the dash from working ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the garage yesterday they seem to think it's the DPF filter as it was showing fault code there. They have me something to put in fuel tank to try and clear it, but if it was the DPF why would the dash go off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also it only does this at night I finish work at 3am and this is when I have issues. I leave overnight and it fixes itself I have gone back out to it today's and it's back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
26,966 Posts
Also it only does this at night I finish work at 3am and this is when I have issues. I leave overnight and it fixes itself I have gone back out to it today's and it's back to normal.
Strange indeed :confused:
The EBCM has no connection with the DPF whatsoever.
Did they do a full system scan of all the modules?
What make of code reader did they use?
Actually thinking about it you'd have your lights on etc as it's night time , i wonder if it's a voltage issue .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strange indeed :confused:
The EBCM has no connection with the DPF whatsoever.
Did they do a full system scan of all the modules?
What make of code reader did they use?
Actually thinking about it you'd have your lights on etc as it's night time , i wonder if it's a voltage issue .

I thought might be a temp issue as it's colder at night. I will try again now and turn all lights on see if it does it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.