Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
I have recently bought a vauxhall agila 1.2 on a xplate and have had a few problems. firstly the car heaters are virtually non existant the car has not warmed up after a 8 mile trip to work. is this normal for the car,
The timing chain is very noisey and not sure when to replace it, there is 49000 miles on the clock. the car seems to be very heavy on the petrol.it also has a lot of white gunk on the oil cap when i unscrew it i have been informed it is a common fault on this engine ( corsa engine )
i think i am getting about 30 to 35 miles per gallon. I do like the car and not sure whether to put things right or to exchange it for another.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would this affect the mpg, and do you think that this is why the heaters dont work very well. I do about 9 mile trip and still only starts to warm up.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Yes - new thermostat needed - not to bad a job on these - two torx srews and a few hoses -
cheers
Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will check the thermostat at the weekend.cheers
do you know if you have to change a timing chain at same milage as a belt as my car has done nearly 50000 miles and seems very noisey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.