Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a common area on the Mk3 Cavalier that water leaks into the footwell?
I noticed the foam under the drivers carpet was wet.

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
Make sure the drain pipes from the heater area under the bonnet are clear. The is one in the middle and one on the offside. They look a bit like elephant trunks and fill up with rotting leaves. Stick a screwdriver in to dig them out.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Lean over the engine and look in the center behind the bulkhead (just above the steering rack) and you should see a black rubber tube hanging down.This is what cavalier/calibra owners know as the "elephants trunk".Still worth searching the threads as there may be pictures that will help you identify the problem

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
if you look at the back of the engine, in the middle, you'll see what looks like an elephants trunk hanging down, clean that

in the boot, in both corners under the lights are drain tubes from the sunroof, from the underside of the car, poke a screwdriver up into them to clear em out

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
also, the scuttle panel, pop that up / off. I removed mine to find a lump of rot from where the leaves / crud / various life forms had washed into and had not been cleaned out over the years - ware was getting in from there in my case. just something for you to look into.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.