Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A tired Vxon user
1,961 Posts
push all the air out before you put the cable tie on, and cleaning the shaft and the lip of the boot with a bit of white spirit/petrol always works for me.

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want to use a cable tie though, I want to use one of the proper metal clips that you'd get with a new boot.

I just need to know what diameter it should be when I buy it.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Never had any problems with cable ties myself. I usually put two on (side by side) for good measure though. That way you've got a back up one, should the other one snap. But touch wood, when I've previously used cable ties, none have ever snapped.

·
A tired Vxon user
1,961 Posts
I don't want to use a cable tie though, I want to use one of the proper metal clips that you'd get with a new boot.

I just need to know what diameter it should be when I buy it.
They come with the new boot. you won't get them without it. are you talking inner or outer joint.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
juibilee clip or something not do it?

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My mate can get the metal clips on their own, but he needs to know the diameter of the boot so he can get the right size.

Nobody seems to know though.

A jubilee clip might rub on the gearbox.

·
A tired Vxon user
1,961 Posts
I've got the larger clips here. They're about 10cm in diameter can't find the smaller ones but the drive shaft is about one and a quarter inches :Cool2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.