Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my astra 2.0 litre sri 16v 1999 64k 137bhp keeps revving its self without me touching the peddle, goes up to around 3000 revs, when i touch the accelarator it conks out, have to turn engine over for a good minute to re start it and then it runs fine again as if nothing wrong, might not do it again for weeks then bang, same again, changed fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter, idle speed control valve, {stepper motor} put some injector cleaner in, did 400 miles recently, didnt miss a beat, thought it sorted but conked out again at traffic lights other day, anyone else had similar problems?

·
Registered
191 Posts
if its the same ecotec engine as my vectra sri 140 2.0i 16v then take of the throttle body and give it a good clean with carb cleaner get rid off all the crap, also a wise idea to clean the fire trap. hope this helps mate

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill give it a go when i get it back mate, exhaust manifold blew the gasket, nut snapped in head when it was taken off, couldnt be drilled, new cylinder head required, expensive ****, yeah its the same engine, i had the vectra 2.0 litre petrol too xev engine, astra quicker, not as much weight to pull, ill let ya know if cleaning throttle body helps, nice one mate

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
firetrap is like an extra small box in the air pipe to carb to trap flames on a backfire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.