Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Ugly Scots Bloke
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so is the gsi fitted with cruise control as standard or is something that people add later. just asking cause mine has it and was wondering if there was any way to get the cruise control to engage above 70mph on the dash (as my dash is 12-13 mph out of sync) . my brother changed the dials and never put the needles back on proper so when sitting still the car says it is going at 12 mph :lmao: so when doing 70 it says 85 ish and the cruise control wont go on unless dash reads under 73.

so can it be done or how easy is it to fix the needles on the dash without breaking them.

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts

·
Big Ugly Scots Bloke
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Atlantean said:
It was never an option on the cav - this was added by a previous owner.

Look under the bonnet and see what type it is. Sounds like it is out of an Omega A - Omega B or Vectra B is what you want ;) Not a major job!

EDIT: This link may help you identify if you have the right one or not
isnt the mk3 cav a vectra B though or do you mean it was an option on the vectra B in other country and not on the cav here? oh well its handy anyways for those long motorway journeys. :Cool2:

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Barloue said:
isnt the mk3 cav a vectra B though or do you mean it was an option on the vectra B in other country and not on the cav here? oh well its handy anyways for those long motorway journeys. :Cool2:
Cavalier Mk3 is the same as a Vectra A!

Some Vectra B's with cable driven speedo had CC like the type you need. The Omega B with cable driven speedo is the same.

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Barloue said:
just wondering if it was a standard thing to limit them to 70mph on the speedo.
As I said - the Vectra B and Omega B will work well over 70 MPH ;)

I reckon yours is out of an Omega A - has it got the ECU behind the glovebox?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts