Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken possession of a Mark 2 52 plate 1.8LS Vectra. Having driven the vehcile I have found two problems.

1. The cruise control does not work. Upon start up of the vehicle the dash light for this system does not illuminate.

2. Neither electric wing mirrors will adjust.

My first port of call would be to check the relevant fuses, however the owners manual does not list any fuse details/locations.

Can anyone assist with the fuse numbers and which of the three boxes they may be located in. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Please help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There isnt a light for the cruise!
cant help with the mirrors other than they WILL be fused on one system or other. Check ALL the fuses.... you're covered then and it wont take too long.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry what I meant was when the ignition is switched on the cruise control "Control Indicator" light does not illuminated on the dash for a couple of seconds to tell me the system is ready for operation. The manual does say it should do this.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Cruise control - when at desired speed put your foot behind the clutch pedal and bring the pedal towards you, then press cc on stalk. see if that works, if it does its somet to do wiv the spring in the clutch pedal.
That worked for me.

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
Ummm an LS vectra. I'd be pretty sure you don't have cruise control or check control unless it's been added by a previous owner.

·
6,939 Posts
begger me never knew that. I mean I know them newer drive by wire jobbies are set up for cruise and it's easy as to get it working. but woulda figured on an LS they wouldn't put it on as it's more a cd/cdx type feature.

·
6,939 Posts
You're certain it comes standard with cruise control? I've looked on parkers and it says nothing about it. I mean I could be wrong but I can't help think you've not got it on your car. It could be that the stalk has been replaced and you need to get the ECU connected up to a tech2 computer to enable it.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
No all original and did work.
You say your Vectra is a Mk2. Mk2 Vectra's (or Vectra-B's to give them their correct title) only came with cruise as standard on CDX models and upwards. I had a Vectra-B which was a CD model, and it didn't come with cruise as standard.

You sure yours isn't a Vectra-C? Most, if not all Vectra-C's come with CC as standard.

If it is a Vectra-C then the cruise light doesn't come on as a check light with the ignition. That is a misprint in the manual - I should know as I now have a Vectra-C, and mine doesn't do it.

As for the CC not working, there was a problem with the clutch pedal return spring not being strong enough to fully lift the pedal up, and thus not disengaging the switch for CC to operate. Try putting your foot behind the pedal and lifting up to see if the CC then works. Same applies for the brake pedal as well if lifting the clutch pedal doesn't work, or is an auto. (btw, CC will only work at speeds greater than approx 18 mph)

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 53 plate Signum has cc & the green "on" light does not illuminate at any time except when the system is actually engaged. If you know the system is fitted (you said it did work, therefore it must be fitted!) then it's knackered in some way. Several people at work had problems with the cc on their 03 & 53 company Vectras & needed them fixed under warranty. A bad batch of components maybe?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts