Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a crossland x 18 plate 1600 D and it’s telling me to check reversing lights and sidelights I have looked in the manual and online and can’t find which fuse it is !
anyone know to save me struggling to check every fuse thanks !

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Have you actually checked the lights, it might be bulbs rather than fuses?

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you actually checked the lights, it might be bulbs rather than fuses?
For all bulbs to go out at one time would be exceptional ! Sidelights and reversing lights all at once so to me points more towards the fuse but I’m no expert just thought it may all be on one fuse but no dedicated fuse marked in any books or drawings I can find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might help?
Thanks Evil I have already seen that online and just checked again but it doesn’t mention which fuse does the sidelights and reversing lights which is why I was hoping someone may have had a similar problem and may know which fuse it was ! But thanks again

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,453 Posts
If its not on the fuse map it probably doesn't exist.

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,453 Posts
Are they bulbs or LEDs?

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
For all bulbs to go out at one time would be exceptional ! Sidelights and reversing lights all at once so to me points more towards the fuse but I’m no expert just thought it may all be on one fuse but no dedicated fuse marked in any books or drawings I can find.
But it's not telling you all the lights are out, it's telling you to check them!
It's probably only one sidelight and one reverse light not working.
Also, a lot of modern cars don't have fuses for every circuit, the can bus system simply shuts off power to a circuit in the event of an overload.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But it's not telling you all the lights are out, it's telling you to check them!
It's probably only one sidelight and one reverse light not working.
Also, a lot of modern cars don't have fuses for every circuit, the can bus system simply shuts off power to a circuit in the event of an overload.
Your right it did just tell me to check lights which were all not working but were ok ! So I have taken out the fuses in the glove box fuse box and they were all ok so put that back together and then checked everything again before moving to next box just in case I had caused more faults but happy to say now everything seems to be working fine !
I can’t say what has sorted the problem but thanks to those who tried to point me in the right direction !

·
Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t (150) auto SRI NAV
17,316 Posts
It may be a faulty bulb, if it happens again, I'd check those. I had this once with a drl bulb on my Astra J, those were a twin filament halogen bulb. It went off & on a few times, before the warning light stayed on permanently.

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
639 Posts
Canbus is not an electrical protection system but rather a communication system.
Statement it’s like home ethernet protects the light circuits in the house.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts