Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have a tourer and the rear suspensions been creaking, well from the car it sounds like the rear suspension. Going over speed bumps is fine but driving low speed and over a bumpy surface, or if the roads on a camber i.e. Outside house the road goes down a hill and round a bend at the same time where I notice the noise a lot. Also the drive is a slope which backs onto a road that's a slope to so the rear of the car is at a slant/ camber when reversing off the drive and I notice the creaking noise too. Now when I bought the car a few weeks ago I didn't notice it, test driving but has developed since. Car has 6 months autoguard warranty which use Halfords auto centres as preferred garage. Got it booked in for a free suspension check. Warranty says it covers suspension but not wear n tear items.
I had a look under the car just to see if I could see anything unusual and I've noticed what I think may be the antiroll bar??? I have no mechanical knowledge but I took a pic. The joints rusty and has a rubber seal so guess it has moving parts in. Could this be the source of the creaking noise? And if so what is the part? Would it be considered a wear n tear item etc or should I expect warranty to cover it? (Knowing they try to get out of paying for anything)

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks :)

In the pic the exhaust back box is right behind the joint in question.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Looks like part of the watts link,never had any problems with these really,I've done a few zafira tourers now which creak over bumps, turned out to be the tailgate was creaking just needed adjusting on the stops.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Well i normally sit in the back and get someone to drive me round whilst I try to locate the sorce off the noise. did you say it was under warranty?if so the dealer should sort this for you. take it to them and get a technician to go out with you and demonstrate the noise to them,if it's tailgate noise they will know and attempt to rectify the problem. the tailgate has rubber stop on that can be twisted in or out to adjust how tight it sits on the body, there is also some adjustment in the latch itself but I would leave that to dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol the dealers 77 miles away... but I'll look for this rubber stop on the tailgate and try to adjust. I'm guessing turn right will make it sink and make the gap further, left will shorten the gap and increase tension on the tailgate when shut?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solved! Thank you @Harrydog1 I've just wound the stops all the way in counting the clicks, this way I knew they were both level, then wound them out to original position then added quite a few more clicks even on both sides, went for a drive along some bumpy uneaven roads where I would normally hear the noise and it's silent now! Can't believe it!

Saves a trip to the garage. Cheers :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.