Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we have a 2008 Vauxhall Vectra Exclusiv 1.8 and have been trying to find the crankshaft locking hole but just cannot find it. Anyone any ideas. Have googled and been on youtube but no joy. Getting deperate. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Think you are supposed to lock the camshafts ---not the crankshaft.before you remove the old belt I would be making sure all the timing marks are aligned and the mark them up with tippex or paint.you should have to buy a set of locking tools or as my mechanic did--he tied everything down with cable ties,the critical thing is getting the timing marks set up correctly and then fix them so they don't move.once you have changed the belt and idler/ tensioner pulley you need to turn the engine over by hand and check the timing again---take it we are on with the 1.8 vvt engine------Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think you are supposed to lock the camshafts ---not the crankshaft.before you remove the old belt I would be making sure all the timing marks are aligned and the mark them up with tippex or paint.you should have to buy a set of locking tools or as my mechanic did--he tied everything down with cable ties,the critical thing is getting the timing marks set up correctly and then fix them so they don't move.once you have changed the belt and idler/ tensioner pulley you need to turn the engine over by hand and check the timing again---take it we are on with the 1.8 vvt engine------Dave

Thanks Dave

·
Worn Out Member
4,921 Posts
Probably best to confirm which 1.8 engine this is,an XE or( most likely) an XER ?

·
Worn Out Member
4,921 Posts
Yes my assumption too Dave,but i try not to if at all possible,
you know the sort of thing----"did i say it was an 08,sorry i meant 06 etc etc" ;)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Andy I wondered why mine was not wanting to work----its just a pity that people who put up posts asking for advice don't give out a little more info for us to work on--it always helps--------Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts