Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Car - 2006 Astra H CDTI Z19DT automatic (Australia)

My car is throwing a code both on pedal test and with scan tool for the crank position sensor (P0335-29).

This is after it broke down and required towing as it would only restart for a few seconds before dying again.

With the code cleared and not coming up again, the car will now idle for over an hour without an issue at the mechanics but it's not been driven yet.

My mechanic has tried to source a new crank angle sensor and been told by no less than three different suppliers that these sensors aren't ever replaced as they don't fail, and hence they haven't got them to supply. Holden told me they only have them on hand in their main warehouse with not one dealer having stock of them on hand, which to me supports this theory of them not failing.

Previous issues that have been rectified with this lemon of a vehicle have been -
-EGR valve replaced (latest issue, several months ago)
-A split DPF hose
-Throttle position sensor

Time for second opinions from here if you have them...

·
Premium Member
16,282 Posts
Id check the wiring and connector because the 29 at the end of the code suggests an open circuit.

·
Premium Member
15,540 Posts
The last one i done it was the wiring, i just ran 2 new wires from the sensor straight to the ecu plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.