Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hope you can offer me some advice on some issues I'm having with my car.
Ok, I have a 2.0 DTM Turbo.
Firstly when ticking over she kinda sounds like a diesel!
A bit clanky for my liking. I've had new spark plugs and HT leads fitted. (not to solve this issue, but thought I would mention it).
Any ideas?

Secondly when driving she really hates accelerating through 41/2 & 6000 rpm. I just have to change up gear. What the hell could be causing that?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
When was your last oil and filter change?
 

·
.
Joined
·
22,199 Posts
The poor pulling could be due to anything related to either fuel or induction...basic stuff to check is air filter, all jubilee clips tight?, any splits in hoses?...fuel pressure, fuel filter, fuel pump?

I presume you have no EML on?

any pics of the DTM would be most welcome too :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about the oil/filter side of things so will be doing that next.
you'll have to forgive me as alot of this is new to me. What is EML?

I do have a K&N Induction kit, and have obviously read this can cause issues.

(I'll get some pics done as soon as i get her cleaned. White cars are not easy! lol)
 

·
.
Joined
·
22,199 Posts
stevenhunt77 said:
you'll have to forgive me as alot of this is new to me. What is EML?

I do have a K&N Induction kit, and have obviously read this can cause issues.

(I'll get some pics done as soon as i get her cleaned. White cars are not easy! lol)
Sorry Steve...the EML, is the Engine Management Light on the dashboard, an orange light with a picture of an engine on it...looks like this...(ignore the flashing, they only flash when the immobiliser is up **** creek)



If not, then its not a sensor issue.

Look forward to the pics...and i know what you mean about the White :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah ok, no the light goes off after about 5 - 10 seconds.
Although on occasion it has come on when I am doing around 80mph on the motorway. It doesn't always stay on however if i accelerate through it or slow down. The fault code read for a new lamda sensor, but this was replaced yet it still sometimes comes on!!
I love this car, but it does some weird ****!
 

·
.
Joined
·
22,199 Posts
stevenhunt77 said:
Ah ok, no the light goes off after about 5 - 10 seconds.
Although on occasion it has come on when I am doing around 80mph on the motorway. It doesn't always stay on however if i accelerate through it or slow down. The fault code read for a new lamda sensor, but this was replaced yet it still sometimes comes on!!
I love this car, but it does some weird ****!
Seems OK then, if the light doesnt stay on then its fine...coming on on the m/way is more than likely due to the K&N...i had one on my old Cav Diplomat and it used to do the same...i took the K&N off and the light stopped appearing and it ran alot better.

Maybe have the ECU cleared at a garage who uses diagnostic computers such as Tech2 or similar...ive had codes stored on cars after ive replaced faulty parts and when the ECU is cleared they go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks.
As I said, I 'm gonna start with new oil & filter.
Could the injectors be an issue? Do they need cleaning/maintaining?
If so is it hard to do?

Also on another note, my fuel gauge on ever seems to go halfway even when tank is full. I assume this is a faulty sender unit. Is this hard to replace?
 

·
.
Joined
·
22,199 Posts
stevenhunt77 said:
Ok thanks.
As I said, I 'm gonna start with new oil & filter.
Could the injectors be an issue? Do they need cleaning/maintaining?
If so is it hard to do?

Also on another note, my fuel gauge on ever seems to go halfway even when tank is full. I assume this is a faulty sender unit. Is this hard to replace?
Could be injectors...can never be 100% sure though...they can require cleaning as they get coated with varnish and other stuff from the fuel over the years, im sending a spare set away to be cleaned this week, then just swap them over when i get them back.

The only way to clean them effectively is to get them sent away to be ultrasonically cleaned, the so called 'fuel additive' 'injector cleaners' do very little if anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, ok guess I just need to try things one at a time.
Also just read I need to remove the fuel tank to get to the sender. So that has been moved to the bottom of the list, lol!

I might take the car to a rolling road which help with the high rev response issue.
Too many things to consider!
Ahhhhhh
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top