Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cavweb's Bedford Magpie
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok

starter for 10.....how the hell do I get the parking lights out of the headlight assembly without stripping half the car down?...I know its supposed to push in, twist a quarter anti clockwise, but for the hell of me I cant get into it...had the top of the airbox off (second question coming up) and i still cant get at the holder, and on the drivers side the battery is in the way so that counts that out...Do I have to take the pigging lights out to change a bulb :grrr

question 2

When I took the airbox off, I noticed a split in the large airpipe that goes from the airbox to the next connector, with a sensor halway down the pipe. The split is at the point where the large jubilee clip connects the pipe to the airbox. Question is, would this cause the car to run ragged?

Ta:cry:

·
22,199 Posts
It's a complete ***** to change the sidelights on Calibras mate...it always fill me with dread one one goes...TBH it is easier to remove the lights to change them, and that does include removing the bumper too ;)...in theory they just twist and pull out, but when does theory ever work?...just keep at it mate.

and any split regardless of size in any of the induction pipes wont help the way the car runs, but if its in the section of pipe that goes over the airbox pipe, then it should casue any probs really.

·
Cavweb's Bedford Magpie
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right.....managed to get the bulbs chamged, had to remove battery and airbox to get at them, and as a word of warning, the passenger side turns anti clockwise, and the drivers side turns clockwise....only found out after snapping the plastic off the end of the drivers one, and ripping my finger ends to shreds.....done now though, but what a stupid idea :(

·
22,199 Posts
labpedro said:
right.....managed to get the bulbs chamged, had to remove battery and airbox to get at them, and as a word of warning, the passenger side turns anti clockwise, and the drivers side turns clockwise....only found out after snapping the plastic off the end of the drivers one, and ripping my finger ends to shreds.....done now though, but what a stupid idea :(
Very bad design eh...the holders are shite too...like a collar where the bulb sits, and that goes brittle and all snaps off inside the lamp units...both mine have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts