Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a couple of things i noticed today. Firstly, my wash wipe doesn't do what it says on the tin! I pull the stalk towards me, and it sprays water, but the wipers don't move.

Secondly, my lights on buzzer doesn't seem to be working. Is it just a relay in the fuse box or is there another component that will need replacing? if so, how do I do it?

Aside from that, i'm loving GSi ownership again! :bananasmi
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,328 Posts
Sy said:
Secondly, my lights on buzzer doesn't seem to be working. Is it just a relay in the fuse box or is there another component that will need replacing? if so, how do I do it?

Aside from that, i'm loving GSi ownership again! :bananasmi

yeah its just a relay in the fusebox top left corner as you look at it..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a nearly new wiper stalk in my shed, so i'll try that.

Is it literally just the relay? does that emit the sound too? If so, i'll try to find one from a later cav with the 2 tone alert.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy M said:
Check the drivers door switch too
the interior light works fine when the door opens and closes. Just seems to be the buzzer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,328 Posts
Sy said:
Is it literally just the relay? does that emit the sound too? If so, i'll try to find one from a later cav with the 2 tone alert.

aye that it is, & ive got loads of the late types ones..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,579 Posts
Sy said:
the interior light works fine when the door opens and closes. Just seems to be the buzzer.
Thats cause its a dual switch ;)Quick check is go to your car, open the door and tell me if the leccy window switches light up
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andy M said:
Thats cause its a dual switch ;)Quick check is go to your car, open the door and tell me if the leccy window switches light up
will have a look tomorrow.
 

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
Sy said:
just a couple of things i noticed today. Firstly, my wash wipe doesn't do what it says on the tin! I pull the stalk towards me, and it sprays water, but the wipers don't move.

Secondly, my lights on buzzer doesn't seem to be working. Is it just a relay in the fuse box or is there another component that will need replacing? if so, how do I do it?

Aside from that, i'm loving GSi ownership again! :bananasmi
problem 1- sounds like the stalk, should be available from scrappies cheaply

problem 2 - the light buzer could be to do with the pin that senses whether the door is open or shut and controls the interior light. that is what was up with mine a while back anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,139 Posts
if you change the buzzer and it still does not work it could be the connecter that runs down from the centre consul down to under the drivers seat, I've seen two cav's where the wiring has corroded but to be honest I would expect the interior light to be off as well as its wiring uses the same connector
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,579 Posts
Buzzer is on a seperate wire mate

Theyres grey for the interior light
Then grey/white for the lights on buzzer and windows
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,139 Posts
Andy M said:
Buzzer is on a seperate wire mate

Theyres grey for the interior light
Then grey/white for the lights on buzzer and windows
yeah I know but they use a double connector under the seat
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,579 Posts
True but doesnt this buzzer wire go straight from the switch up to the buzzer? i think its only the interior light bit and the window bit that goes under the floor
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,579 Posts
Yeah that'll be your grey/white to the window switches (operate on door open) and grey common to all door switches for interior light.

However there'll also be a grey white running from the drivers door switch to the buzzer.

Grey is on one switch, grey/white is a seperate switch
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,139 Posts
thats what I found under the cdx drivers seat, at the time I had no buzzer or interior light from the drivers side, fixing one gave me the light, fixing the the other the buzzer
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top