Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive only had her for three months but its been great and very fast.

Its a Corsa B fitted with a C20XE from a Cavalier, the brakes were also taken from the same cav. Suspension has been upgraded to G-Max so lowered by 40mm. Alarm and other security
The interior is completley standard except the cd head unit.

The shell itself is on 74K (1.4GLS orginally)and the engine is roughly on 90K now but I have no real proof of either.
10months MOT and 2 1/2months tax
I serviced it when I bought it which was Oil, Oil filter, New Plugs, Fuel Filter, Panel Filter.
I also had the cambelt,Aux belt water pump and also a new Petrol tank all fitted less than 600miles(3-4weeks) ago. Coolant was also done @ this point.
Its a real sleeper and the looks you get from people as you beat them from the lights is great.
Im looking to swap for something bigger as I feel the Corsa is just to small for me Ive always had larger cars even though this is the quickest think Ive ever owned.
I value the car @ roughly £1000 so looking to swap for something of the same value just bigger. Let me know what you have through PM.

Shaun

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cgrextreme said:
im sure this car was for sale on here or mig in january for £900???
Yep Ive had it for 3months or so.
Since buying it Ive had some work done to it so thats why its about 1K.
Cambelt, Water pump Aux belt and fuel tank all done @ local garage set me back 400quid so its well worth it.
Forgot to add it has a coscast head which I was told had been rebuilt some point in its life,and is not porous.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shakermaker said:
cos it should be down as a 2.0 to be a little more legal!
I guess so, Ive insured it as a 2.0L but I havent bothered filling out the V5 as of yet.
I was going to do it after Ive taxed it again so Its taxed under the lower bracket but Im not sure if they are gonna charge me more after I declare it anyway. Or I could leave it to the new owner.

I wonder how many people on here could safely say that they have all mods declared to their insurance company etc anyway :Cool2:

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
Super_Shaun said:
I guess so, Ive insured it as a 2.0L but I havent bothered filling out the V5 as of yet.
I was going to do it after Ive taxed it again so Its taxed under the lower bracket but Im not sure if they are gonna charge me more after I declare it anyway. Or I could leave it to the new owner.

I wonder how many people on here could safely say that they have all mods declared to their insurance company etc anyway :Cool2:
Think you'll find most of us do actually. There's a few threads in Comm Central on the subject. most of us are of the thinking that we don't want to be caught out being hit by some numpty without proper insurance/tax etc, and don't want to get caught having undisclosed mods on their vehicle. its a dangerous game. Anyway, welcome to VxON!
If you change the V5 they'll come asking for the extra in tax, so you might as well do it before you go to get the tax disc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shakermaker said:
most of us are of the thinking that we don't want to be caught out being hit by some numpty without proper insurance/tax etc, and don't want to get caught having undisclosed mods on their vehicle. its a dangerous game
A fair point well made.
I dont know if it was aimed @ me but im not exactly a numpty. :Cool2:
Ive insured it with all mods declared. Although I was sure I'd be selling it so I wasnt going to change the V5 after my mate had been driving it for a year without problem.

·
Plastic Fantastic
2,424 Posts
That's exactly what I wanted to do to my GLS, but i think I'll settle for the lowering and SRi alloys if i do anything.

Nice car:D

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
always best to update the V5 straight away so you know your driving legally,

looks a good sleeper, if i had room for another car this is what i would be looking for but unfortunetly cant atm :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts