Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my corsa still wont start with the key but will bump start. I have checked out the transponder in the key and that is ok,the light does not flash indicating a fault. the battery and starter are ok I have checked the ignition switch and thats ok, so any more ideas welcome.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You say the starters ok, how do you know this? it would be the first thing id suspect. Are all the connections on it clean and secure, also put a meter over the battery to check the voltage when attempting to turn it over.

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
my corsa still wont start with the key but will bump start. I have checked out the transponder in the key and that is ok,the light does not flash indicating a fault. the battery and starter are ok I have checked the ignition switch and thats ok, so any more ideas welcome.

if it will start off a bump then there is nothing wrong with the imobiliser or it would not start at all.

as said my 1st guess would be the starter motor.

does it turn over on the key ?
does it try to fire up ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The starter motor turns but it just wont quite fire up, i have tried other batteries and same result.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Check that the voltage of the main car battery does not go below 9volts when cranking. If it does then get the car battery load tested (, also known as a drop test as in voltage drop not from the top of a cliff !)

When you bump start a car you are not adding the current load of the starter motor so there would be enough voltage for the car electronics.

Also check that the main earth cabling is OK ie the car battery to car body and / or engine block.

NickT.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi its the immobiliser you will need to get it checked by tech 2 common on most later vx when its bumped with the key in and the transponder chip is recognised it will start but as soon as you stop you have to be bumped again either park on hills or get it checked out
regards
Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
try pressing the dashboard clocks, put your hand on the speedo face and push further into the dash, there was a known problem with the electrical connections on the back and the immobiliser goes through them, may work!
Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts