Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Wondering if anyone can help, I have an 02 Corsa SXI and the speedometer has stopped working. Anyone know where the speedometer is picked up from? Can't seem to find any info on where it picked up from.

Any help appreciated.

Many Thanks

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
If the sensor failed, I would expect the ecu light to come on, it needs to know road speed.

If the radio has been changed, the speedo signal goes through the radio connector, and can cause problems with certain radios.

The other possibility is that the plug on the back of the instruments is loose. The fix is to pull the pod, cut away some of the harness to get more cable length, and then jam the plug in with a piece of cornflakes packet. (vauxhall likely have a part number for the packet)
The usual symptom for this is all the clocks read zero when you are going along, if you are lucky, or the car won't start at all if you are not. (Because the ecu can't read the id code off the dash-never swap a dash over without recoding it)

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is a good possibility that its the plug at the back of the instrument panel - as this just happened to me 2weeks ago!

And like you facade....ive replaced 2 crankshaft sensor, boot clip and also the plus behind panel. They also been told my gearbox linkage is poor.

Anybody know how much it would cost to replace the front nearside wishbone bush - kwik fit have told me this is damaged!

All this from a 52plate corsa that I bought last year from Vauxhall Arnold Clark - so happy I made that decision NOT! :down:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.