Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can it be confirmed that all 1.7 cdti's have got 5 studs ont he wheels?

Many thanks in advance.

:)
 

·
Trisexual
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
I think so, that is the case with astras, so I think it is with Corsas. If there are rear disks there are 5 studs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's got Drum discs on the back, 5 Studs on the front-On the petrol SRi's it seems to be only 4, very annoying as the Discs are more expensive than the normal Corsa discs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
Aldo said:
It's got Drum discs on the back, 5 Studs on the front-On the petrol SRi's it seems to be only 4, very annoying as the Discs are more expensive than the normal Corsa discs!
if its like the astras could be either,
a bit random to what has what, with astra i think its something like if it came with ABS as standard will be 5 stud, if it was an option then were 4 stud, but there are exceptions,
 

·
Trisexual
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
On the new astra it is:
Petrol 1.6- 4 stud
Petrol 1.8+ 5 stud
diesel 1.7 80Ps- 4 stud
diesel 1.7 100Ps+ 5 stud

All of 'em have ABS, so how many horses had your 1.7 got? If it's the same as the Astra, you might just have the 80
 

·
Gas Powered
Joined
·
15,285 Posts
On the AstraG/VectraB it's big block 5 Stud, and Facelift, everything 5 Stud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the replies-I was told it was the 100bhp 16 valve derv?
Just surprised me it had 5 stud bigger discs when the petrol only has 4!
They charged an extra £80 for the privilege of it being 5 stud! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
Mark T said:
On the AstraG/VectraB it's big block 5 Stud, and Facelift, everything 5 Stud
my 1.8 is a small block iirc and they come with 5 studs as standard, well not all of them do but SRi's and i think the SXi's might,

does seem a little random tbh,
 

·
Trisexual
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
Aldo said:
Cheers for the replies-I was told it was the 100bhp 16 valve derv?
Just surprised me it had 5 stud bigger discs when the petrol only has 4!
They charged an extra £80 for the privilege of it being 5 stud! :)
The 100bhp will be 5 on a corsa - must be pretty nippy. Only the very top end petrols have 5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
Mark T said:
Yours is a facelift then? 99>
didnt relise there was a facelift until 2003 when the headlight and rear lights became tinted, and some of the badges changed etc?

what changed in the facelift in 1999 then?
 

·
Gas Powered
Joined
·
15,285 Posts
Andy R said:
didnt relise there was a facelift until 2003 when the headlight and rear lights became tinted, and some of the badges changed etc?

what changed in the facelift in 1999 then?
Brakes.
Instrument Cluster
Wheels,
Heat reflective front screen
New engine Versions
Active front head rests
Black front lip spoiler
Boot spoiler
Full colour coded mirrors
Lowered Sports suspension
Flat strip wiring roof wiring harness instead of wires.

Probably loads more.
 

·
Gas Powered
Joined
·
15,285 Posts
not sure they called it a facelift, but loads of things chaged.
 

·
Trisexual
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
Mark T said:
not sure they called it a facelift, but loads of things chaged.
Are you talking about the corsa (which is what i thought this thread was about) or the corsa? I knew there was a corsa facelift, but not astra g
 

·
Gas Powered
Joined
·
15,285 Posts
That info is for AstraG
Also forgot, the F23 gearbox took over the big block engines then too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
scotty0409 said:
I didn't notice the lights change
do you mean on the astra?

front and rear lights became tinted or just darker around 2003, i changed my front lights a couple of weeks ago to the later style, see the pictures in the link in my signature and you can see the differences ;)
 

·
Trisexual
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
Andy R said:
do you mean on the astra?

front and rear lights became tinted or just darker around 2003, i changed my front lights a couple of weeks ago to the later style, see the pictures in the link in my signature and you can see the differences ;)
yeah i meant the astra. i thought they were only tinted on the SRi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
scotty0409 said:
yeah i meant the astra. i thought they were only tinted on the SRi
coupes were tinted from the start, then from 2003 all the models were, most people say they are GSi lights but thats just because the GSi's werent built until 2003
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top