Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a Corsa 1.4 LS for my daughter to learn in. It came without a radio/cass/cd, no problem as we had one going spare. The previous owner said that they bought a new one once, had it fitted but it didn't work so they took it back and left the "hole" ever since.

I fitted the CD player, Sony CDX-MP40, no amp and all of the connections fitted surprisingly well.

When it connected, it whirred and spat an old CD out that my wife thought she'd left in Teneriffe, 4 Years ago. In indication of the age of the player.

I can get nothing else to come up, no screen, no button lights, I'm fairly certain that the player works and I've pressed the reset button on the player.

As the previous owner had a problem I'm wondering if there might be a fault in the wiring loom or a fuse I've not tracked down. I've checked the one on the back of the unit.

Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Check the wiring loom, you may need to swap Permanent and Ign switched live over, (Red and Yellow wires l think). Vx switch them in the cars loom, either that or buy patch leads but most head units have the option on the loom.

·
aka wallop
945 Posts
Sounds like a fuse has blown....

There are two fuses covering the stock audio loom, one is in plain view & also covers other areas of the dash loom, (so if this is blown other items won't work either), the second, if memory serves, is hidden almost out of view in the upper corner of the fuse box, (covers the IGN supply), so stereo will act as if IGN is off, (cd carriage & eject mechanism will work, but nothing else)....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.