Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the wife a new Corsa SXI before christmas. Have always done my own servicing but obviously will now need the garage to do it to keep the warranty. The first official service is due after a year. She does a lot of short journeys and as its now done just over a 1000 miles i did an oil and filter change as i always think that a new engine will have a lot of crap coming off it during its initial running in. The problem was the oil filter. The one i got from halfords was just too short. The filter i took out was 95mm long and the one that halfords supplied was only 72mm. Took it back and according to them its the correct filter but theres no way its the correct one as there would be a 20mm gap at the bottom of the filter body when fitted. dont really want to go to my local vauxhall dealer as he will realise im doing extra home services and this could invalidate my warranty. Anybody got any ideas or can someone confirm that vauxhall have changed the filter size during 08.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Hi you don't mention the engine size?
if its a 1.2 then the filters are a set size
i can send you a genuine filter for £5 delivered if you are interested
cheers
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi you don't mention the engine size?
if its a 1.2 then the filters are a set size
i can send you a genuine filter for £5 delivered if you are interested
cheers
Steve
Yes steve its a 1.2. I would like a filter but can you measure the length and let me know to make sure as halfords are insisting that they supplied me with the correct one. Its a 58 corsa 1.2 sxi.

Thanks Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.