Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently bought a Corsa 1.0 58 plate, 58,000, which has been running fine for a few weeks. The engine management light has just come on permanently and after some internet searching I tried the 'pedal trick' which has given the code 1 4 1 7. At least that's what I think it is, despite trying it several times. The first 1 and 4 are definite then there are a further 8 flashes. the pause isn't obvious but 1 and 7 is the most likely combination.
Can anyone give me any advice or suggestions. Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,619 Posts
Buy yourself Opcom, it runs on a laptop and is as close to dealer diagnostics you will get..then scan it for fault codes. You will get nowhere trying the pedal trick on a corsa d.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy yourself Opcom, it runs on a laptop and is as close to dealer diagnostics you will get..then scan it for fault codes. You will get nowhere trying the pedal trick on a corsa d.
Thanks for that. It didn't seem very scientific!

·
13,837 Posts
Nothing wrong with the pedal test on a compatible vehicle as a starting point but if you follow Andyl's advice on getting OpCom (or preferably Vauxcom because it has better coverage) drop me a PM and I can point you in the right direction for one that works correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts