Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've got an 08 Corsa, had it 3 weeks, I've already had problems with the gear linkage needing replacing and the breaks grinding but now the car is making a strange noise ...

... Whenever I go over a bump in the road (not huge dips just regular man hole covers etc) I can hear a rattling noise coming from around the drivers door and the back door on the drivers side, it sounds like it's in between the 2 but it's hard to tell exactly where it is coming from, what could it be? is it likely to be something simple that I can sort? I love the car to bits but it's try my patience now!!! :grrr

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
I wouldn't even bother trying to look yourself, it really is down to the dealer on a 3 week old car. See if you can go about rejecting the car, it seems like a wrong un to me

edit if it is an 08 I guess it's not brand new.
still new enough to expect trouble free motoring in my opinion

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's done 13,500 miles, it sounds like the drivers door is creaking right by my ear so I dunno what it could be, I'm not keen on sending it back because a) i'd be without a car and b) I got a good deal as they forgot to add the VAT to the price in the car window so it was like £800 cheaper than the price on their computer system ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
why was the screen price exclusive of VAT? sounds like a sales tactic to me if ever I heard one

Anyway their aftersales service should be the same regardless of what you agreed on the sale price. Most places offer a courtesy car if you don't mind booking a bit further ahead. And if your dealer doesn't, choose one that does.

If you've got a courtesy car of theirs then keep it until they fix yours. That's what i'd do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It may well of been a sales tactic but it was still a good price as I spent ages before I bought one looking into prices and it was cheap even if they did do it on purpose.

It's booked in this week for the gear linkage to be replaced so I'll make sure they take a look at my creaking/rattling door, it actually sounds like it's coming from the pillar in between the front and back door on the drivers side as it's right in my ear when I'm driving - knowing my luck a door will drop off or the suspension is gonna go! Is there anyway of giving Vauxhall customer service my registration number and finding out exactly what work has been done to my car by the previous owner? (it was a lease car) that way I can see if it's a lemon car that will keep going wrong :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.