• Corda D 1.4 SXI

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Could someone help me please.. i have a Corda D 1.4 sxi 2009 with a P0141 rear Lambda fault but no matter what i do it keeps coming back on..

Car was playing up eml on. Smoking rough idle etc..garage did a diag and turned front lambda replaced with a genuine sensor..
Few weeks later eml back on p0141 and showing rear sensor.. this was changed with a genuine sensor by the garage.. week later P0141 was back again. Garage changed sensor again but code back after a week..

Took it to another garage who said could be timing out (chain replaced 1000 ago). spent money to be told spot on.

Next stipped everything down and cleaned egr air mass pipes etc as coked up.. chainged breather pipes. Car now running ok stopped smoking..

Since then new exhaust, Rocker cover cleaned and new gasket.. changed spark plugs and coil pack.

Took it to for an electrical diag who had it for half a day who checked everything and came back saying lambda not doing job it should and no other fault.

Car runs fine.. idles spot on.. if you turn light off it comes back on within 20 to 30 miles of driving over a few days.

Changed oil and filter couple of months back as had oil anyway.. light went out on own and stayed off for a month then came back on p0141.

I have now lost the will to live with it. Has anyone got any suggestions on what i can try please?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts
This may seem like a strange question but is the oil pressure switch leaking..or been leaking and was replaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Not aware of it being changed in the 2 years iv had the car.. just taken a look at it and there are no signs of an oil leak or a previous one.

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts
Ok thats good news.. if they leak they can force engine oil into the engine wiring loom which will give you lambda faults.
do you know your engine code, is it a Z14xep engine or a A14xer.

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts
It sounds like you have a small vacuum leak somewhere which is pulling unmetered air into the system which then causes the light to come on, do you have Opcom.

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts
Well you could use it to look at live data like the fuel trim readings, this will give you an indication if its a vacuum leak or a dribbling injector, the best way to detect a vacuum leak is via a intake smoke test or you could spray some carb/brake cleaner around the inlet manifold with the engine running, if the revs pick up then you know you have a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brilliant i will give that a try and see how it goes.. in all the garages iv taken it to not one has mentioned a vacuum leak. Think they see im a woman and just fob me off..

Will invest in an opcom as well.

Thanks

·
13,891 Posts
B...................
Will invest in an opcom as well.

Thanks
If you do decide to buy one drop me a PM first so I can point you in the right direction. Not all the offerings out there support the Corsa D very well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well you could use it to look at live data like the fuel trim readings, this will give you an indication if its a vacuum leak or a dribbling injector, the best way to detect a vacuum leak is via a intake smoke test or you could spray some carb/brake cleaner around the inlet manifold with the engine running, if the revs pick up then you know you have a leak somewhere.
Hello, I think I have the same problem described in this thread. Any chance you can share the info regarding what diagnostic live signals I need to check and what values I should get?
Thank you in advance for your help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts