Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the community,

My story below, in case someone can help me out here with my Corsa D 2009 (1.4 petrol engine).
About 2 months ago, the engine light came up (and actually, it was the first time that I saw an engine light in my Corsa), without any other visible symptom on the car. After visiting an authorized service center the codes were P0134, P0130 and P0171.
The mechanic there told me that a defective oil pressure valve (small leaking) had caused the oil to be transferred through the entire engine wiring system, causing multiple sensors to fail, hence these codes. Of course he made me an offer of almost 2.500€ in order to replace the entire wiring as well as the sensors. Codes were cleared, I left but I was told that they would come back.

About a month later, engine light again. After moving around for some time, I noticed that the car was a little shaky in idle and the exhaust fumes were really intense. Moreover, car was behaving awkward in the middle revs, around 2.5K - 3.0K, like if I was putting my foot on the gas and leaving it and putting it again in the gas.
I decided to pay a visit to a local shop where the owner had some experience with Corsa's oil leakage from that valve (apparently, this is a pretty common issue on Corsa C & D).
He said that he would take out the engine wiring, thoroughly clean it and install it again. Any faulty sensor would have to be replaced afterwards. We agreed on the price (100€) and today I received the car back, after 4 days.

Unfortunately, the idle problem was there from the very beginning.
After some time in the road, the car was again behaving erratically. No engine light yet though.

2 videos below, indicating the erratic behavior (one is really intense and the other is way less, for no apparent reason).
Video1
Video2

Any ideas?

·
13,092 Posts
Have you had a new oil pressure switch fitted now?

Reactions: icsd08063

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello Koicarpkeeper, thank you for your answer.
Here is the rest of the story (I did not mention it for the sake of brevity).

In the last service of the car back in December 2019, the mechanic told me that this oil pressure valve was leaking and it would be nice to replace it.
Of course, I gave the green light to replace it. I have now discovered that not only the valve was not an original part (looking back the documents), but I never got informed back then about that.
I tried to raise this fact on Opel Greece (this is where I am from) when the check engine light came up and I had the complete story, but I finally got a reply just 2 weeks ago basically saying that there is nothing they can do since, for them, this whole mess can not be justified from the replacement of this switch.

So yes, the car has now a "new" oil pressure switch.
Today the engine light came again, which is a good thing to my understanding.
The bad thing is that a friend of mine noticed some light black smoke in the exhaust fumes (like an old truck but certainly not that bad).

I have booked an appointment tomorrow with another authorized dealer which, supposingly, is good.
Hope to get my piece of mind back again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts