Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Corsa D Multiple error codes after oil pressure switch leaked

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Guideb 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

So basically I spotted my oil pressure switch leaking on my Corsa D (1.2 80cv from 2009 with 75 000km) so I changed it as fast as possible. But I think it had been leaking for quite a bit of time.
I realized that because after spotting the leak I got a check engine light for a P0131 error code, meaning a malfunction detected in the oxygen sensor (bank 1 sensor 1).
So I thought okay I'll just change it, so I ordered it and in the mean time i disconnected the connector and found engine oil pooling inside the oxygen sensor connector.
Then I check several other connectors and found oil pooling in several of them (see pictures below).
In the mean time, I checked my error codes again and got a list of several new codes that weren't so related.
So I disconnected my battery, cleaned every single connector with contact cleaner, including the ECU connector (and there was strictly NO oil pooling around the ECU connector at all so I guess that's a good thing).
Then I reconnected everything and I still get many error codes but always the same ones even after clearing them, just starting the engine makes them pop up again on my OBD2, so mainly the codes are for malfunctions in:
  • Oxygen sensor 1
  • Oxygen sensor 2
  • EVAP Valve
  • EGR system
And I sometimes get "Intake manifold air control actuator, bank 1 - Open circuit".

All these errors appeared all of a sudden while initially there was only the oxygen sensor 1.

• I also just checked the resistance of my oxygen sensor and it did have 11 ohms so I believe the heater circuit for oxygen sensor 1 does work.
  • I went for a 10 minutes drive and heated up the car and subsequently the oxygen sensors and according to my OBD2 app, it went into Closed Loop while driving.
  • Once I stopped it went back to "Open loop due to system malfunction"
  • I checked most of the fuses and they were good (didn't check all of the bigger ones)
  • I checked the oxygen sensor 1 connector on the car side with the ignition in the first position (engine off electrics ON) and I couldn't find 12 volts on the connector but found around 3.5Volts or so (not sure what to expect but I thought I was supposed to find 12V)
  • The car runs perfectly fine however apart from higher than normal fuel consumption (like 35% higher fuel consumption than normal)
I would really appreciate your help guys!
Thanks in advance!

Here's the list of all error codes I get on my OBD2:

============1==============
P0037
Raw code: 0037
ECU: Engine control unit
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit low

============2==============
P0489
Raw code: 0489
OBDII: Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system - circuit low
Opel: Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Motor Control Circuit Short to Ground; Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Motor Control Circuit Low Input

============3==============
P0031
Raw code: 0031
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, heater control - circuit low

============4==============
P0458
Raw code: 0458
OBDII: Evaporative emission (EVAP) system, EVAP valve - circuit low

============5==============
P0135
Raw code: 0135
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction

============6==============
P0141
Raw code: 0141
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction

============7==============
P0489
Raw code: 0489
Status: DTC supported by calibration, Current DTC, Test not passed since DTC cleared, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC, Test not passed since current power up, Current DTC since power up
OBDII: Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system - circuit low
Opel: Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Motor Control Circuit Short to Ground; Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Motor Control Circuit Low Input
General Electrical Failures [0x00]
============8==============
P0141
Raw code: 0141
Status: DTC supported by calibration, Current DTC, Test not passed since DTC cleared, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC, Test not passed since current power up, Current DTC since power up
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction
============9==============
P0037
Raw code: 0037
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit low
============10==============
P0135
Raw code: 0135
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction
============11==============
P0031
Raw code: 0031
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, heater control - circuit low
============12==============
P0458
Raw code: 0458
OBDII: Evaporative emission (EVAP) system, EVAP valve - circuit low
============13==============
P0403
Raw code: 0403
Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC, Current DTC since power up
OBDII: Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) - circuit malfunction
Opel: Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Control Circuit Open
============14==============
P0030
Raw code: 0030
Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC, Current DTC since power up
============15==============
P2008
Raw code: 2008
OBDII: Intake manifold air control actuator, bank 1 - open circuit
============16==============
P0444
Raw code: 0444
OBDII: Evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve - open circuit

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Rim Gas

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive design

See less See more
#2 ·
If you have oil in several connectors it means the oil has travelled throughout the loom which is going to be very difficult to clean effectively. You could try removing the loom and trying to wash it out with brake cleaner or similar.

#4 ·
Oh I see, so are we talking about changing basically the entire wiring in the engine bay?
How expensive is that? Is it difficult to do by yourself?

Also what I'm confused about is the fact that the car runs just fine apart from the fuel consumption. When using the OBD2 while driving it does sometimes say "Closed loop" and i can see the values of the oxygen sensors changing accordingly.

Can't cleaning every connector work?
Also how come the oil travelled from an oil pressure switch to basically the other side of the engine bay I'm so confused.

#7 · (Edited)
I've been trying to find the wiring loom on ebay for me engine (Z12XEP). Will any wiring loom work as long as it is from a Z12XEP engine or does it need to be very specific?

Also it doesn't seem too difficult to replace.

Edit: Where is the exact part number visible on the loom? Couldn't find the tag when looking.

#8 ·
Salut Alex,

How things went since ? Im having the exact same problem... Persistent p0130... O2 sensors are new... I checked so many things... I cleaned oil in connectors but still p0130 problem... At idle no problem but when i drive the car it will make the front o2 sensor reading steady voltage so obviously lead to p0130 then trims going up as soon as i accelerate.. so annoying. Have you find anything ?

Cheers