Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

gone to fix busted suspension on sons Corsa 2013 ltd edition and can’t get in as battery gone flat. Key on door not working and assume deadlocked. Locking wheel nut in car etc

can’t believe a flat battery locks you out car !!

Any advice or video solutions would be helpful

What are my options?

·
Registered
2016 Insignia 2.0 cdti Elite Nav
29 Posts
If the problems the car battery flat you may be able to get some jump leads onto the starter motor battery + lead and an earth from under the car to get power to the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the problems the car battery flat you may be able to get some jump leads onto the starter motor battery + lead and an earth from under the car to get power to the battery.
thanks Trucky, thinking this may be an option just need to try and get it high enough to get under as sitting on rough gravel with a busted wheel

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
have you not got aa or rac as they will get it open,

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
no afraid not, any idea of what they would do ?
they have loads of ways to open a car,when i did recovery work we could phone up and get info on any car on how to open them.and power the the starter is one and that should let you open the door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they have loads of ways to open a car,when i did recovery work we could phone up and get info on any car on how to open them.and power the the starter is one and that should let you open the door.
mom thanks, will try and sort it via starter 👍

·
Premium Member
12,548 Posts
Bit of a stretch, car you get the top of the door open, if so try and get a long length of wire, Stainless welding rods a pretty rigid, put a loop on one end see if you can hook the bonnet release in the footwell.

Lidl recently had inflatable pads forsale, slide it in between the door and the frame and pump a hand bulb to inflate, Locksmiths use them to get in to cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit of a stretch, car you get the top of the door open, if so try and get a long length of wire, Stainless welding rods a pretty rigid, put a loop on one end see if you can hook the bonnet release in the footwell.

Lidl recently had inflatable pads forsale, slide it in between the door and the frame and pump a hand bulb to inflate, Locksmiths use them to get in to cars.

Thanks for the suggestions, going to try and get it in the air and try the starter motor. If don’t work will try the fishing option but think distance to hook up might be a bit of too much luck needed

·
Premium Member
12,548 Posts
Anything worth a try that will save you eventually forcing the bonnet or popping a window to get it open.

·
Premium Member
16,274 Posts
Dont try to start it with a flat battery and jump leads or you corrupt the bcm programming. Charge the battery fully before trying to start it. Just a warning as i see this all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont try to start it with a flat battery and jump leads or you corrupt the bcm programming. Charge the battery fully before trying to start it. Just a warning as i see this all the time.
thanks for info, just trying to get in it first, then once open I will charge battery 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts