Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2012 Vauxhall Corsa D. 1.2l Petrol Manual.

About a month ago my engine light came on but no sign of problem other than the light. A few days later, the car started to ‘lag’, it had no power, and when i was driving in 4th gear 30mph (always done this), it felt as though i was about to stall (you know that feeling just before you press the clutch when slowing down). It was also misfiring quite bad, constantly felt like it was going to cut out.

This was happening for a few days until i could get it looked at. The day before i got it looked at i was driving from work (6 miles total) and my engine light was flashing and my car literally wouldn’t move but i made it home. (happened for the last mile or so).

Someone i know (works as a HGV mechanic for Biffa) plugged my car in and it came up “Camshaft position sensor P0340”. I brought a new camshaft sensor, coil pack, oil filter, air filter, oil change... He replaced all of this for me, cleared the code. The day after the engine light came back on. He said it may be that the timing is out. He manually checked the timing and said it was absolutely fine.

The engine light is still on at the moment (i haven’t drove it for about 2 weeks as i have a new car) a part from the other day i drove it about 2 miles and it still has the lagging feeling but not as much as before.... What could this problem be?????

I ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION..... He said that the cam shaft P0340 code is showing as 'permanent'.

·
12,742 Posts
The flashing engine light under load typically indicates a failed coil pack but doesn't always leave a code. Ideally instead of throwing money at it you need some live data recording to see what is happening when it is misfiring. It could still be the coil pack, even though you have replaced it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The flashing engine light under load typically indicates a failed coil pack but doesn't always leave a code. Ideally instead of throwing money at it you need some live data recording to see what is happening when it is misfiring. It could still be the coil pack, even though you have replaced it.
Hi,
Since I've had the coil pack replaced, it doesn't misfire whilst still, however it is slightly lagging.

·
Worn Out Member
5,808 Posts
As you were originally only getting a P0340 cam sensor code put the original coil pack back on and see how it is,
those Haas packs are usually rubbish

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
On the day that the engine light was flashing, this was the worst the car has been with lagging, misfiring, no power etc. It got plugged in in this day and there was another code something like "misfire in cylinder 2" and i got told to buy a new coil pack. New coil pack replaced and the code was gone. I dont have the old one as it was faulty in my eyes, so not needed...

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Haas packs are usually rubbish
I totally agree with this ^ Haas coil packs really are useless, best to stick to GM I’ve seen failed coil packs work better than a brand new Haas ones, as you say it’s not misfiring but your still getting a lag so the cheap CP could be doing the work but badly.. also as suggested above some live data would be good :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts