Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I couldn’t find anything relevant. So unfortunately I went to my car (56 Corsa D 1.4 Petrol Z14XEP) this morning to drive to work and it wouldn’t start made the usual clicking under the bonnet, Thinking it must have been a flat battery (It’s been chilly in the mornings in the UK) I had my boyfriend attempt to jump start the car. He’d left it charging for over 30mins in the hope that would get it going.

After removing jump leads and attempting to start the car nothing happens, There’s now no clicking noises under the bonnet but all lights appear on the dash. We’re now both unsure of what the issue is. Has anyone got any ideas on what the issue could be?
Thanks

Sarah

·
everson38
79 Posts
Hello

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I couldn’t find anything relevant. So unfortunately I went to my car (56 Corsa D 1.4 Petrol Z14XEP) this morning to drive to work and it wouldn’t start made the usual clicking under the bonnet, Thinking it must have been a flat battery (It’s been chilly in the mornings in the UK) I had my boyfriend attempt to jump start the car. He’d left it charging for over 30mins in the hope that would get it going.

After removing jump leads and attempting to start the car nothing happens, There’s now no clicking noises under the bonnet but all lights appear on the dash. We’re now both unsure of what the issue is. Has anyone got any ideas on what the issue could be?
Thanks

Sarah
Hi Sarah.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Regarding your issue. If your bf had the charger on your car fir 30mins that may jot have been long enough. Especially if it was just doing a regualar pace charge. It wouod need to be over / 5-8 hours type of a thing. What yiu may want to do is charge it over night and then goepfulky it will start. If it does you need to get it to halford (just the regular store NOT an autocentre) and ask them for a battery and alternator check. This is a FREE service just go to the till and ask for a free battery check. I say this as it coukd be your alternator causing the issue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sarah.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Regarding your issue. If your bf had the charger on your car fir 30mins that may jot have been long enough. Especially if it was just doing a regualar pace charge. It wouod need to be over / 5-8 hours type of a thing. What yiu may want to do is charge it over night and then goepfulky it will start. If it does you need to get it to halford (just the regular store NOT an autocentre) and ask them for a battery and alternator check. This is a FREE service just go to the till and ask for a free battery check. I say this as it coukd be your alternator causing the issue.

Apologies, It was just jumped from another vehicle (His van) Rather than the battery charging packs you can buy.

·
11,505 Posts
Your owner manual specifically tells you NOT to jump start the Corsa D.
It is highly likely that the BCM has been corrupted and will need to be reset.
Always best to disconnect the battery and charge it that way to avoid this happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your owner manual specifically tells you NOT to jump start the Corsa D.
It is highly likely that the BCM has been corrupted and will need to be reset.
Always best to disconnect the battery and charge it that way to avoid this happening.
Ahh ****, Is that a Vauxhall job? There is a dealer nearby but the car will need towing, Is there anything we can try?

·
everson38
79 Posts
Ahh ****, Is that a Vauxhall job? There is a dealer nearby but the car will need towing, Is there anything we can try?
I understand your worry but inwouldnt yet. My partner has a 2013 corsa D and the.manual states it can be jump started ( see pic). Just a certain way to do it but it is oretty much same for all cars i have worked on. You need to see first if your battery is good first which can be done in my post above. Dont stress before you need too

·
Worn Out Member
4,921 Posts
The usual problem with these is with jump starts/flat batteries ,
as @Koicarpkeeper stated the BCM gets corrupted.
If it has, you will have the car/spanner light flashing in the inst panel indicating that it's immobilsed,
if this is the problem it can be done with a late opcom so doesn't necessarily need to go to a Vx dealer,
it's a fairly straightforward procedure as long as you have the security code and preferably ALL the available keys for the car,i've done quite a few now so far with 100% success

·
everson38
79 Posts
The usual problem with these is with jump starts/flat batteries ,
as @Koicarpkeeper stated the BCM gets corrupted.
If it has, you will have the car/spanner light flashing in the inst panel indicating that it's immobilsed,
if this is the problem it can be done with a late opcom so doesn't necessarily need to go to a Vx dealer,
it's a fairly straightforward procedure as long as you have the security code and preferably ALL the available keys for the car,i've done quite a few now so far with 100% success
Intrigued to know what do you meed to do via opcom to resolve this.potential problem? Simply.resetting something?

·
Worn Out Member
4,921 Posts
Yes effectively it's a reset job,IPC,SDM and BCM,but first you need to establish that's the issue,
i recall Halfords calling me out to one they were convinced had this problem and that turned out to be the crank sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts