Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Does the steering wheel stalks have to be changed as well as someone was saying there part of it as well and most kits come with them as well

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I just brought a whole new set collect tommorow
As I brought the car with the fault I have no way of knowing if someone has mucked around with it before so am going to swap the whole lot aver and start from scratch hopefully it works and ecm won’t need software programming otherwise I have to open it to read the immobilizer code or is there something else easier to open to get the code

·
Premium Member
13,625 Posts
Well the IPC has a M35080 Eeprom, you could get it from there. Once its all up and running you could remove them from both clusters, read the immo codes then stick your original one back in the new cluster and reset/reprogram it back to the car, this would keep your mileage correct if theirs a big difference between the original and the replacement.
You would need something like Opcom to do the programming though.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Try swapping the eeprom's instead.
I have mate
Still won’t start but turns over and got fuel rail fault so needs programming bloke comming wednesday for that but I am now and getting passenger airbag fault low resistance and config error so there must be something in my old file to do with passenger airbag
What on the chip do I need to change. Do you know so keep my old eeprom file but change vin and immobilizer code

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I have mate
Still won’t start but turns over and got fuel rail fault so needs programming bloke comming wednesday for that but I am now and getting passenger airbag fault low resistance and config error so there must be something in my old file to do with passenger airbag
What on the chip do I need to change. Do you know so keep my old eeprom file but change vin and immobilizer code
I swapped the eeprom on the sdm not the ecu

·
Premium Member
13,625 Posts
You could reset your original sdm with Opcom. Then get the security code from the new set then program it (your old sdm) with the new pin code, that way you can keep your old sdm with the new ecu set, if you see what i mean.
Post your new sdm eeprom dump.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hi
You could reset your original sdm with Opcom. Then get the security code from the new set then program it (your old sdm) with the new pin code, that way you can keep your old sdm with the new ecu set, if you see what i mean.
Post your new sdm eeprom dump.
mate I have emailed both what I need is really as all me programming stuff is out is what lines to take from new one and put on old file if you know which ones please mate

·
Premium Member
13,625 Posts
Your pin code is at line 320 location b through to e,.. your vin starts at 01bc and ends at 01cc.
Im not 100% if changing this data will work, try and see.

I think its far easier to reset your original sdm then reprogram it with the new pin code.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Your pin code is at line 320 location b through to e,.. your vin starts at 01bc and ends at 01cc.
Im not 100% if changing this data will work, try and see.

I think its far easier to reset your original sdm then reprogram it with the new pin code.
So the pin is 9296?

·
Premium Member
13,625 Posts
Yes mate, because its easy to do via Opcom, etc then no one really bothers swapping the immo data like this.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Didn’t work

But have got it going
Lines 310 and 320 need changing as immobilizer is longer than the 4 digit pin code
Airbag faults all gone now
Only fault codes I have now is

ECM. P0090 rail pressure low
Abs. C0244 invalid data from engine control module

I’m praying it works once it’s been programmed now

·
Premium Member
13,625 Posts
Yes mate, will never run and sometimes wont crank once the system recognises the wrong software.
The byte swap is not something i ever bother with, its just as easy to do it with Opcom/Vauxcom.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
It
Yes mate, will never run and sometimes wont crank once the system recognises the wrong software.
The byte swap is not something i ever bother with, its just as easy to do it with Opcom/Vauxcom.
it only cranked if I turn the key from off to start straight away if I go to ignition on for a sec it don’t and I don’t have a opcom yet that’s why I done it this way

81 - 100 of 113 Posts