Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Mmm, you dont have one fitted so its definitely software, its a chance you take when you buy one of these ecu's, do you know anyone local that can do a software update with Tech2 and GlobalTis for you.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Mmm, you dont have one fitted so its definitely software, its a chance you take when you buy one of these ecu's, do you know anyone local that can do a software update with Tech2 and GlobalTis for you.
I don’t but looking I could buy one as they seem cheap enough really

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
What about any remapping companies, all they need to do is clone the ecu, swap all the data, MPC, Eeprom and Flash, would be cheaper than buying Tech 2 and sourcing a laptop with GlobalTis activated.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
You may find that he's used the casing from a Corsa C but it has the circuit board from a D, if it was a Corsa C ecu i dont think it would power up once fitted in a D, only real way is to ask him.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
He assures me it came from a 09 Corsa with a bottom end failure and the chip on the back has been off before as it was messy with flux
If I try and start it it try’s to fire up but if I turn the key to on and leave it a second it don’t even try to turn over I surpose once it’s doen it checks it stops it any ideas just didn’t want to get someone out if I’m waistline my time

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
I would have the software done mate, if you keep messing with it its going to get damaged, the incorrect software will cause all sorts of strange codes, i know its hard mate but you are going to have to leave it alone until the software is done,...:D

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I
I would have the software done mate, if you keep messing with it its going to get damaged, the incorrect software will cause all sorts of strange codes, i know its hard mate but you are going to have to leave it alone until the software is done,...:D
think I may have done something to it as it was fine till I put the chip back for the last time and now getting them fault codes
Don’t wanna waste another 120 only to find out this one is damaged now god sake

61 - 80 of 113 Posts