Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peps I have a corsa d 1.3 diesel 2008 (58)
And it will not start does not even turn over
Have traced all the wiring and have found I have no earth to the ecu relay so no live on pins 4-6
I have bridged it and can get power to the ecu but still the same can here a really slight click from relay when trying to turn it over but that’s it I have a f on dash have stripped the ecu down no water or damage in it at all any ideas please

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your description of the problem you have all point to a faulty ecu, can you post some HQ photos of both sides of you ecu's circuit board.
Yes will do mate there is not one bit of corossion or anything to surgest that water has got into it tbh

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a pinout diagram or the ecu so I can trace and test the lives and earths going into it and from it as don’t wanna waste money on a new ecu and it not be that tbh
I also forgot to mention I also have a solid spanner light
Have read codes and can read all ecus except engine one
bcm comes up with fault code of u2107
and abs come up with a fault code no coms from ecm

·
Premium Member
14,492 Posts
There is a very long thread on here somewhere where i supplied the pinout for one of these plus a lot of advice about testing, he also had the same problem as you and yes it was a failed ecu.

I have also replaced quite a few of these ecu's for the very same reason.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have a pinout diagram or the ecu so I can trace and test the lives and earths going into it as don’t wanna waste money on a new ecu and it not be that tbh
Have read codes and can read all ecus except engine one bcm and abs come up with a fault code of
There is a very long thread on here somewhere where i supplied the pinout for one of these plus a lot of advice about testing, he also had the same problem as you and yes it was a failed ecu.

I have also replaced quite a few of these ecu's for the very same reason.
I can’t find the thread mate if you find it give me the link please mate

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have a pinout diagram or the ecu so I can trace and test the lives and earths going into it as don’t wanna waste money on a new ecu and it not be that tbh
Have read codes and can read all ecus except engine one bcm and abs come up with a fault code of

I can’t find the thread mate if you find it give me the link please mate

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will do in morning mate as to dark am I looking for power on 1 side of the fuse as will have to take out to check cheers mate

·
Premium Member
14,492 Posts
Really you should do it with the ignition on and see if you have battery voltage both sides of the fuse, it may be worth buying a multimeter.

·
Premium Member
14,492 Posts
If the fuses dont have a pin on top then shove a piece of wire down the side of the fuse, a bit of a faff about but,... you could always just pull the fuse to check it but make sure you check the fuse box pins, one should have battery voltage, just check them 1 at a time so you dont get confused readings as some fuses will supply relays which supply other fuses.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If the fuses dont have a pin on top then shove a piece of wire down the side of the fuse, a bit of a faff about but,... you could always just pull the fuse to check it but make sure you check the fuse box pins, one should have battery voltage, just check them 1 at a time so you dont get confused readings as some fuses will supply relays which supply other fuses.
Thanks mate will do that what supplies the relay number 9 with a earth which I beleave is engine control unit as there is no earth to it with ignition on

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right have tested and as follows

Fuse 1 yes with ignition
Fuse 6 yes permanent live
Fuse 17 no
Fuse 18 yes with ignition
Fuse 20 no
Fuse 21 no

Pin 50 yes