Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 61 plate Vauxhall Corsa D sxi (46,000 miles) has started cutting out on me. At first, I was pulled up with my hazards on and it failed to start. After taking out all the electrics it started. Second time, I was at a standstill turning right and it cut out on me again. Restarted. Third time, it cut out and didn't start. The car cranks over, but doesn't start. The battery sign came up so we tried jumping it but to no avail. I put in a new battery but to avail. All the electrics work fine.

I had the car recovered after which the garage put in a new ignition coil and a service. The car was running again, but it cut out on me a day later. I've since taken it back to the garage and he's changed the crank shaft sensor, to no avail. It seems that after the engine runs for a while and gets hot, it cuts out. As before, car cranks but doesn't start and all electrics are working.

My mechanic has said he has no idea what the issue is since there are no fault codes. He doesn't want to touch it anymore since he doesn't know where to begin. I'm at complete loss here. I have no idea what to do with the car now and feel quite disheartened. Any suggestions as to what the issue may be? Or if I should be looking to scrap a car, which Auto Trader values at £4,000?

·
13,110 Posts
Jump starting the Corsa D is known to corrupt the BCM and should be avoided.

·
Super Moderator
26,377 Posts
These do suffer from water getting into the ECU .
Don’t get disheartened , sure it’s not a good feeling but there’s a reason it’s cutting out .
I wonder if the ECU is losing its earth .
We’ve got a thread on a non start going on this site right now , have a read of it .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I've replaced the battery on my 2008 corsa as it wouldn't start/ jump start but still no joy. The headlights/ fan heaters etc work in the car when you turn the key and all of the lights come up on the dashboard and the car with a spanner icon flashes when they come up. The car makes a clicking sound when turning the key but still no starting :( can anyone help please?

Thanks

·
Worn Out Member
5,991 Posts
It's immobilised,
the chances are the BCM has corrupted and the immo modules need re-setting and then
programmed back in.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's immobilised,
the chances are the BCM has corrupted and the immo modules need re-setting and then
programmed back in.
So it isn’t a starter motor thats needed as I’ve read on other posts? Would a garage have to reprogramme it? Any idea on cost?

thanks!

·
Worn Out Member
5,991 Posts
The flashing car/spanner light indicates it's immobilised,
there can be various reasons for this but most common is a corrupted BCM.
It will need a garage unless you can get a mate with opcom to do the job ,
you will also need the cars security code number to enable the programming.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
3 Posts
The flashing car/spanner light indicates it's immobilised,
there can be various reasons for this but most common is a corrupted BCM.
It will need a garage unless you can get a mate with opcom to do the job ,
you will also need the cars security code number to enable the programming.
I believe we’ve got access to an Opcom a friend can lend us one tomorrow to plug in. Hopefully this will confirm what issue is and we can go from there.

thanks for your advice ?

·
Worn Out Member
5,991 Posts
There is a correct order to do the programming,
please don't start re-setting modules without getting advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts