Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just purchased and imported a 2013 right hand drive Corsa D 3 door for my daughter. The reverse light is on the right, whilst the rear fog is on the left., so the wrong way around.

So I need to purchase some new rear lamps (as well as headlamps), but it occurred to me that just changing the rear lamps might not be enough, does the computer need programming so it knows the fog lamp is now on the off side, and the reverse light on the near side?

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
Was this motor very cheap then ?
Because there’s plenty of uk spec Corsa D for sale.
Would it not pass the MOT as it is then?
I see a few imports on the roads & don’t see anything changed on them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was considerably cheaper due to the circumstances, which I won't go into.

No it wouldn't pass a UK MOT as the fog light is on the N/S, it needs to be on the O/S. It also wouldn't pass as the headlamps have the beam pattern cut off to the wrong side, thus they also need to be changed, but they should be a straightforward swap over.

All imports have to comply with UK Mot requirements, if over three years old they require an Mot prior to being registered in the UK. If you dont have the correct paperwork then they may even have to go for an IVA test which is even tougher. You can only move on to registering the vehicle once HMRC has been dealt with :)

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
Yes it was considerably cheaper due to the circumstances, which I won't go into.

No it wouldn't pass a UK MOT as the fog light is on the N/S, it needs to be on the O/S. It also wouldn't pass as the headlamps have the beam pattern cut off to the wrong side, thus they also need to be changed, but they should be a straightforward swap over.

All imports have to comply with UK Mot requirements, if over three years old they require an Mot prior to being registered in the UK. If you dont have the correct paperwork then they may even have to go for an IVA test which is even tougher. You can only move on to registering the vehicle once HMRC has been dealt with :)
Yes I’ve just been reading the rules on imported rhd cars.
You can have 2 rear fog lamps fitted at the rear of car for an import to pass.
It also mentions checking the calibration of the speedo as well,
Headlamps should be an easy swap though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Fred Bassett if you fancy some reading take a look at Importing vehicles into the UK

Don't think calibration will come into it, although I think the speedo has to display mph, which it does.

Currently I have one fog light the wrong side, and it also requires a reverse light which currently is on the O/S, so cosmetically the best option is to fit UK spec lamps.

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
@Fred Bassett if you fancy some reading take a look at Importing vehicles into the UK

Don't think calibration will come into it, although I think the speedo has to display mph, which it does.

Currently I have one fog light the wrong side, and it also requires a reverse light which currently is on the O/S, so cosmetically the best option is to fit UK spec lamps.
Yeah i did have a read on the requirements for registration & compliance & the 2 types of IVA.
There’s a few companies who do the complete work needed to get a pass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts