Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
I dont think its related to wiring or ECU, as you can see from the picture it has teeth missing from the white plastic gear wheel which is driven by the main throttle body motor, now check the replacement, if its the same then you have got two dodgy throttle bodies, the worn section is highlighted by the arrow,.......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I dont think its related to wiring or ECU, as you can see from the picture it has teeth missing from the white plastic gear wheel which is driven by the main throttle body motor, now check the replacement, if its the same then you have got two dodgy throttle bodies, the worn section is highlighted by the arrow,.......
Amazing you managed to see that mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
13,705 Posts
I thought it looked suspect too but seeing as the owner said it was fine put it down to a poor photo.
Wonder if the replacement is equally worn out?

·
13,705 Posts
I'm getting confused.
Is the "current one" and "the replacement one" the same one or are you talking about two different ones?
Which means the one with the teeth missing is the original one from the engine?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sorry poor choice of words on my part. The one with no teeth missing is the new one, which is installed in the car. The old one has teeth missing.

The car has been stationary for a while so have tried clearing codes etc to check if they are old codes. Not the case.

This might actually be the thrird throttle body as a mechanic may have changed one also before I was able to look at it thinking it was the fault also.

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
Mmmm,.. So 3 questions,..1. whats the part number on the one thats fitted to the car at the moment, 2. the video you made with the grinding and clicking noise, was it of the one that has missing teeth or of the one thats fitted to the car and 3 is the picture above of the throttle body thats fitted to the car now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mmmm,.. So 3 questions,..1. whats the part number on the one thats fitted to the car at the moment, 2. the video you made with the grinding and clicking noise, was it of the one that has missing teeth or of the one thats fitted to the car and 3 is the picture above of the throttle body thats fitted to the car now.
1. 24420536 is on both throttle bodies.
2. The video was with the new throttle body with no missing teeth.
3. Yes this is the throttle body fitted to the car.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts