Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping for some advice. I'm keen to help my sister fix her car.

First issue was that the oil pressure light would periodically come off and on and the car would stall out at low revs. Mechanic said the pump had gone and that's why the pressure was dropping
The oil pump was replaced and everything was cleaned out.
My sister said the mechanic said that the oil filter had got torn apart and pulled into the pump

It drove not for long and then another issue. The car starts but there is no response from the accelerator pedal. I replaced the throttle body and that didn't fix the problem. When I press the accelerator pedal, the throttle body does not move.Not sure if it is related to the first issue, but I'm guessing ECU maybe be gone or electrical loom?. Any advice?

Only one fault code.
p2101-00 Electronic Throttle Control Malfunction

I have also attached vaux com diagnostic data. Sorry for screenshots but program could not let me save to file.

pic hosting

·
Worn Out Member
6,439 Posts
TIS says first check fuse FU20 and then throttle body clean

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
When you press the throttle pedal do the live data readings for pedal position 1 and 2 and the Calculated Pedal Position % change.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Do you think? Would it not show up a p0400 exhaust recirculation valve stuck ?
I've had failing EGR without code. Did you let the replacement throttle body calibrate by switching on ignition but not starting it for 30 seconds? you should hear it clicking then it'll go quiet, then start it up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you press the throttle pedal do the live data readings for pedal position 1 and 2 and the Calculated Pedal Position % change.
When pedal pressed..

Pedal position 2 moves up to 1.89 v
Pedal position 1 moves up to 3.75 v

TP Sensors no change

EGR VALVE inactive
EGR POSITION FEEDBACK is stationary at 0.84

PEDAL POSITION moves from 0 to 100% depending on how much pressure applied.

"CALCULATED THROTTLE POSITION" fixed at 7
Although
"THROTTLE POSITION" changed from IDLE to PARTIAL LOAD to FULL LOAD depending on pressure on accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had failing EGR without code. Did you let the replacement throttle body calibrate by switching on ignition but not starting it for 30 seconds? you should hear it clicking then it'll go quiet, then start it up.
Yes but haven't heard click. (Haven't been listening for it though) So I'll check again this morning

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
You need to confirm if the throttle body is doing its stop to stop sweep at ignition on, maybe unplug it for a minute, then plug it back in, now turn the ignition on but dont start the engine, listen to see if it does its end position learn.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need to confirm if the throttle body is doing its stop to stop sweep at ignition on, maybe unplug it for a minute, then plug it back in, now turn the ignition on but dont start the engine, listen to see if it does its end position learn.

Streamable Video

Starts from 10 seconds.

·
13,705 Posts
Looking at that video there us no end to end sweep, just lots of ticking / rattling.

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
Does the throttle butterfly move if you push it with your finger, sounds like its seized to me or the gear wheel inside the motor has teeth missing, pop the side cover off and have a look.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does the throttle butterfly move if you push it with your finger, sounds like its seized to me or the gear wheel inside the motor has teeth missing, pop the side cover off and have a look.
Checked it. It opens. Tested with two throttle bodies. Same issue.

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
Have a look at your old one, pop the clips off the side and open it up, see if the gears have worn away on the motor, it could be you have bought a duff one, check the old one first, if its worn then check the replacement.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts