Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I start the car it starts up fine I bought it becouse they said the turbo is gone but it looks like a new turbo it has a small amount of play in the turbo but I don’t think it will effect it I have read on these pages that it could be a split boost pipe broken intercooler I don’t think it is that but I have herd something about the m77? Soon as I put the vaccum line onto the actuator it pulls it down I’m so confused becouse I have never had this problem on any of my cars thanks

·
13,673 Posts
Do you have any way of reading live data so you can look at commanded verses actual boost pressure?

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sorry I haven’t I have took all the vacuum lines off from the turbo to the n 75 they look good to be honest

·
13,673 Posts
If it "doesn't have no codes" it is likely that your code reader might be crap. Vauxhall don't play nicely with el cheapo readers. What are you plugging it into?

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Super Moderator
26,839 Posts
Just struggles to roll on the boost or does it go straight into limp mode as you accelerate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just struggles to roll on the boost or does it go straight into limp mode as you accelerate?
It doesn’t even go into limp mode there is no boost mate... when you rev it all the way around it picks up at 4000rmp to 5000rmp

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
You need to get some live data from it rather than playing parts darts, you can read the codes using the peddle trick providing it's corsa c.

When ever I've had any boost issues with my 1.7CDTI it's either the boost solenoid, split pipes, turbo actuator, or the egr valve staying open, egr being the biggest culprit if it's stuck the turbo won't make hardly any boost until you up at a higher rpm as the exhaust gasses are go into a continuing loop and not down to drive the turbo turbine, on my old 1.7 it had a vacuum operated egr and the solenoid that controlled it got stuck so kept the egr open all the time, the newer 1.7CDTI are electric and the solenoid is bolted to the back of the egr they do fail as mine did causing no boost but your usually greeted with a p0400

·
Super Moderator
26,839 Posts
You need to get some live data from it rather than playing parts darts, you can read the codes using the peddle trick providing it's corsa c.

When ever I've had any boost issues with my 1.7CDTI it's either the boost solenoid, split pipes, turbo actuator, or the egr valve staying open, egr being the biggest culprit if it's stuck the turbo won't make hardly any boost until you up at a higher rpm as the exhaust gasses are go into a continuing loop and not down to drive the turbo turbine, on my old 1.7 it had a vacuum operated egr and the solenoid that controlled it got stuck so kept the egr open all the time, the newer 1.7CDTI are electric and the solenoid is bolted to the back of the egr they do fail as mine did causing no boost but your usually greeted with a p0400
It’s a D model.

·
13,673 Posts
Pedal test no worky on the D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts