Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi trying to help a friend with a Corsa D 1.7 engine

The car was completely dead due a water damaged ECU I have cloned the ECU to a repalctment ECU and refitted to the car

The car is now cranking but won't starts the only codes that are showing is a P0400 & p0409 which seems to be egr related could this cause the car not to start

Also when the ignition is on and trying to start the car and spanner light is in solid

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have told him to try and give it a clean tomorrow just wasn't sure if it could prevent it from starting aswell.

If the egr was the problem would unplugging it allow the car to start

·
13,715 Posts
Not if is stuck open, unplugging it just gives you exactly the same problem.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea unplugging didn't work will try opcom tomorrow and see what's happens when it's being cranked .

What's the chance of it begin related to the ECU the board was clean and no signs of water /corssion either

·
Premium Member
14,492 Posts
I would check the egr first mate, take it off and check its not stuck open, the fact the ecu was drowned may have shorted the egr motor out and its now stuck open, go with the codes you have first.

·
3,073 Posts
Looks closed to me, what happens if: you put ignition on, clear codes, cycle ignition off and on again without attempting to crank/start? Are codes back instantly? If yes electrics of the egr might be fried.

That egr looks pretty clean was it replaced with aftermarket?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried like you said above and codes come straight back .

The egr was replaced then a week later the ECU was in water and fried .

Replaced with then this happened .

Going to try another EGR see what happens

·
3,073 Posts
Get a genuine one even if used i suspect either wiring loom to egr control or egr electrics are dead. That 409 points in the electrical department issues... Do you have a schematic?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts