Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

A fellow Corsa D owner from Croatia here. Found this forum while troubleshooting this issue I'm experiencing with my car.

Anyway - A yellow "car with wrench" light appeared yesterday after about 5 minutes of driving. It wasn't flashing. It stays on until the car is turned off. Today the same thing. The car is driving fine. I'm not experiencing any issues whatsoever, but I'm worried because this might be something serious.

I did some troubleshooting myself, and did the "brake+gas" diagnostic and discovered an "engine light" code. Since this is my first post, I've put the link to the video in my second post.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and stay safe out there.

·
Worn Out Member
5,808 Posts
It means there's a code stored.unfortunately the pedal trick doesn't work on the Corsa D,it needs a scanner on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It means there's a code stored.unfortunately the pedal trick doesn't work on the Corsa D,it needs a scanner on it.
Damn... So I'm in the dark. Great timing for this thing to appear, while the whole country is in the lockdown :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again guys,

So I've been to the car service finally yesterday and did the general maintenance. Changed the air and oil filters, etc. Unfortunately, when I left the car service, the light got back up again.

So I went back, and asked them to wire the car to the diagnostics again. They found no errors whatsoever. The guy told me that I should go to Opel's service, because perhaps they have Opel's proprietary diagnostics.

But, that makes no sense to me. They used Bosch's ESI[tronic] 2.0, which should have the latest error database. And, I mean, Corsa D is an old car.

Could the light be false positive or something?

Some additional info: the light sometimes doesn't turn on at all. E.g., when I turn off the car, and turn it on again after e.g. a few hours or so.

·
12,742 Posts
Opel's do not always play nicely with Bosch diagnostic gear. Same with Snap On.
Go somewhere that has dedicated Opel diagnostic tools - like Tech 2 or OpCom or Vauxcom.
There is a light, there WILL be a fault code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Opel's do not always play nicely with Bosch diagnostic gear. Same with Snap On.
Go somewhere that has dedicated Opel diagnostic tools - like Tech 2 or OpCom or Vauxcom.
There is a light, there WILL be a fault code.
Thanks, that makes sense now. Will do, and report back!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts