Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I've just bought the mrs a Corsa D 1.2 petrol but once we got home I noticed a few problems. The heater blowers inside work when they want and sound horrific. The temp on the display (outside temp) shows minus 39, so -39 and then also the key fob won't lock the central locking, I tried 'syncing' the fob to the car, finally managed to get it to sync and the central locking works but does not lock the passenger door and then after a few hours the central locking stops working again completely. Also the car feels like it slightly kangeroos while travelling at normal speeds like 40mph for example, it's quite gentle but noticeable if that makes sense. It's also very slow, but that might just be me.

- Central locking not working
- passenger door wont lock
- key fob keeps un syncing
- feels like it's kangerooing
- temp sensor showing -39
- heaters work when they want and sound horrific

Any help or ideas please??

·
Super Moderator
27,919 Posts
Passenger door could be broken wires in that doors loom .
Outside temperature sensor may need replacing.
Kangarooing could be coilpack fault .
Heaters could resistor & or worn fan motor .
What's the mileage & service history?

Reactions: loffty01

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, I've had a message from the bloke who fixed my astra rear door wiring loom saying pretty much the same as yourself. Said he could replace the fan motor, fix temp sensor, and fix locking problem for £100, if it doesn't require a new lock on the passenger door then it's £80. That just leaves me with the Kangarooing problem but I have read that it could be the coilpack or MAF sensor? So just thought i'd double check with you guys. It's an 07 plate just hit 90k and has 6 service stamps. I've read online to replace the MAF sensor, Lambda Sensor and Coilpack and it should run good again. Is that right? good place to start? also any idea on cost of replacing coilpack, lambda and maf sensor? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
27,919 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, I've had a message from the bloke who fixed my astra rear door wiring loom saying pretty much the same as yourself. Said he could replace the fan motor, fix temp sensor, and fix locking problem for £100, if it doesn't require a new lock on the passenger door then it's £80. That just leaves me with the Kangarooing problem but I have read that it could be the coilpack or MAF sensor? So just thought i'd double check with you guys. It's an 07 plate just hit 90k and has 6 service stamps. I've read online to replace the MAF sensor, Lambda Sensor and Coilpack and it should run good again. Is that right? good place to start? also any idea on cost of replacing coilpack, lambda and maf sensor? Thanks.
If you replace coil pack first make sure it's a genuine item & also replace the spark plugs with the correct items whilst your at it , not sure on price though i wouldn't change the other parts just yet on the engine .

·
15,367 Posts
Good place to start is to do or get a proper diagnostic check done unless of course you like playing that game called parts darts and have deep pockets.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
definitely don't have deep pockets, I'll start with the coilpack + spark plugs and get a diagnostic check done, then take it from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts