Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the ECU on a Corsa C, I bought it for my lad to learn in and it had the commen issue with the throttle body driver which prevented it starting so got it for just a bit more than scrap money. So after a bit of fiddling tried an extra earth to the ECU body and now it's started but it randomly clicks from the throttle body causing it to stumble/misfire so I'm pretty certain it's on it's last legs and the throttle body driver circuit is as good as toast. The Throttle body has been cleaned so it moves freely and the moter spins when 12v is applied so I'm pretty certain it's good.

So I picked a cheap ECU (£20) off Ebay for a 2004 car but after re-coding it with Vauxcom I've found while it will now start without the earth added, it's throwing an EGR problem and the output test won't trigger the EGR. The old ECU shows no such problem so I know the EGR was good.

Looking for another ECU and there seem to be quite a few different part codes listed for similar year cars with the ZX10XEP engine. Mine had an ECU with part numbers 24420621 - 0261208209 fitted originally but as TIS points to all the ECU's for the Corsa C being Bosch Motronic 7.2.1 then what are the different part codes and how critical are they?

Also is it possible to use a similar Bosch unit from say an Agila or even a ZX12 and rewrite it with Vauxcom?

Cheers
Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.