Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm pretty new to car modifiaction since getting a 1.0l Corsa C in August last year.

I havn't done much modification wise, basically just an induction kit at the moment but since it's only a 1 litre engine it;s still slow.

I was wondering if there are any major modifications engine wise or anything else that could be carried out to increase power, is turbo pointless?

I understand there is a limitied amount you can do with a 3 cylinder engine but any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
its pointless tuning the 1.0 unless your willing to throw ££££ at it then the gains will be mimimal anyway save your money and go and buy another corsa either 1.2 or 1.4 or do an engine transplant

With an exhaust and filter your be lucky to get 1-2 bhp gain out of the 1.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mods to a 1.0 will do nothing but decrease the performance IMO.

Use the money to either modify it body wise, or save the money for a different car with a better engine!

L

·
0 Posts
Agreed.

I would say, hold on until you get a full years no claims and can get rid of those R plates.

Modifying the 1.0 engine would be horrifically expensive.
An induction kit will have done nothing but add noise (remember if you get more air in, you need to add more fuel and the exhaust manifolds need to be larger to allow the increased gas flow out the back).

Adding a larger engine will be equally scary in insurance terms . Young driver + small car with non standard engine= scary quote in England... (absolutely comical quote in N.I!!)

Don't think about doing a conversion and not telling insurance...

Illegal. If you have an accident, or get checked, you are in trouble.
Insurance is null and void, insurance companies will have deails on file, so future quotes will be heavily loaded and magistrates will probably fine you heavily and give numerous points!

I know the Corsa seems slow, but ride out the first year, it does then get better. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts